Air Speed Indicator way off

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Stephen Szikora

Air Speed Indicator way off

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:23 am

Suddenly, the ASI in all my aircraft is not even close to being calibrated. Anyone have an idea what is going on? At launch the needle is already into the yellow arc!

Stephen Szikora

Re: Air Speed Indicator way off

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:58 am

In case people start making the more obvious suggestions, I have discovered this problem with all my gliders, I have exited and rejoined, I have rebooted my computer, I have changed the units to other settings and then back, nothing helps. I have not yet tried reinstalling Condor because everything else works fine. It is truly strange. I just want to find out if anyone else has experienced this of heard or the problem.
Last edited by Stephen Szikora on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:35 am

Check the units setting
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Stephen Szikora

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 pm

Hi Chris, As I already said in my second post, I tried all the obvious things including the unit settings. It doesn’t matter what unit settings I use, the ASI is way off. Units is not the issue. It isn’t a question of numbers, it is the entire range. A yellow arc in kph is a yellow arc in knots and the needle is no where near where it should be even on the ground. In any event, I have never touched the units settings before this happened so I can’t have messed that up.

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm

I would try a reinstall. The needle behaviour is in the .gau file for each individual plane. So it is a bit strange.
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:53 pm

wickid wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm
I would try a reinstall. The needle behaviour is in the .gau file for each individual plane. So it is a bit strange.
Reinstalling the hangar should be enough, then
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

wickid

Post by wickid » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:13 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:53 pm
wickid wrote:
No, not all plane .gau files are included in the hangar update. I'd recommend a full reinstall if all planes are affected.
PH-1504, KOE

Stephen Szikora

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:37 pm

I’ll try a reinstall. For your entertainment, here is a Blanik sitting on the runway!

[url https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/ ... t3xxIsRtZX][/url]

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:52 pm

wickid wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:13 pm
Bre901 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:53 pm
wickid wrote:
No, not all plane .gau files are included in the hangar update. I'd recommend a full reinstall if all planes are affected.
Like Wickid says the only time I've seen this happen is when I mess with a panel and alter either the a, b or c variable (I forget which) under the [Speed] section. Altering these gives you some crazy readings on the ASI. As your problem is with all aircraft that is weird. Sounds more like there is a central file that's gone wrong somewhere but I only know that the *.gau file in each plane folder alters how the ASI works.

I've just done a little digging. I fly with Imperial settings. Set yours to this and quit / restart Condor. After doing that check the file below has the same values in it as mine. It's the only central file I can see that may have an effect on how your ASI works
Condor_Speed.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 pm

Found another potential. In your pilots folder in Documents. Sometimes deleting all the files in this folder and re-creating your pilot can sort odd issues in Condor. Note in the file below the Units variable, I assume value of 1 is imperial which I fly using
Condor_Speed_2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Stephen Szikora

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:14 pm

Thanks for trying, Paul. My simkits.ini "scalefactors" settings are identical to yours. The pilot file setting on mine was different to yours with my "units=0" versus your "units=1" but editing mine to match yours did not change anything.

Stephen Szikora

Post by Stephen Szikora » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:34 pm

I tried deleting my pilot and creating another but that didn't help, So, I decided to try to reinstall the program. I deleted my installation of Condor2. I have the key info from my purchase history, but I can't find the program itself to download short of paying for it again. Can someone please tell me where I can download it from?

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:48 pm

Installer: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20286

Did you download goodies by any chance? (with Condor Updater) May be one is corrupted and hasn't been noticed yet
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:12 am

Stephen Szikora wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:34 pm
I tried deleting my pilot and creating another but that didn't help, So, I decided to try to reinstall the program. I deleted my installation of Condor2. I have the key info from my purchase history, but I can't find the program itself to download short of paying for it again. Can someone please tell me where I can download it from?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=20286
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Stephen Szikora

Post by Stephen Szikora » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 am

I did a complete reinstall of the game and have the same issue. But here is what I have discovered. After the reinstallation, if I leave it in Metric units, the ASI is normal. If I go into setup and change to either Imperial or Australian units, the ASI goes wonky. If I then switch back to Metric it is normal again. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and it is the same each time.

To make sure there was no problem with goodies, I deleted them all before the reinstallation. Again, this problem started at least a week after I installed my first goodies but was working perfectly normally until last night, I was also talking to a couple of users this evening that were also having weird air speed indication issues that just started this evening. In both of their cases, the ASI was reading way too low, not way too high like mine. Their issues were intermittent which is also strange. With them, they only got the strange readings when they joined a multiplayer game. My ASI is off based on units chosen and it doesn't matter if it is a multiplayer or solo flight.