[SBC2016] Final Statistics

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

lemontois

[SBC2016] Final Statistics

Post by lemontois » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Some statistic from the Alternative Ranking
EUCaptureTotaux.JPG
EUCaptureCircuits.JPG
EUCaptureCourues.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lemontois on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PDS - Lemontois

" Never fly lower or faster than your guardian angel"
My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]
CondorCheck2 & SceneryCheck2 also available at Soaring Tools

lemontois

Re: [SBS2016] Statistics

Post by lemontois » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:29 pm

EUCaptureTerminees.JPG
EUCaptureVicPilotes.JPG
EUCaptureVicPays.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDS - Lemontois

My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]

lemontois

Re: [SBS2016] Statistics

Post by lemontois » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:31 pm

EUCaptureTop10.JPG
We hope you enjoyed this competition and see you for the next SBC if all the conditions are met.

Philippe
PDS - Lemontois

Pit_R

Re: [SBS2016] Final Statistics

Post by Pit_R » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 pm

You should hide this statistics deep... :)

1,5 h tasks
200 km/h average speeds
sometimes less than 50% of finishers

CONDOR
The Competition Soaring Simulator

;)
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:40 pm

I would hide something else... :mrgreen:

Have fun... that's all.

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Pit_R wrote:You should hide this statistics deep... :)

1,5 h tasks
200 km/h average speeds
sometimes less than 50% of finishers

CONDOR
The Competition Soaring Simulator

;)
Please don't take a specific task and generalize ...
CaptureMinMax.JPG
The results are consistent with the specifications set for the SBC.

I sincerely do hope that you will find a competition for you.

No hard feeling , mate !
PDS - Lemontois

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:11 pm

lemontois wrote:I sincerely do hope that you will find a competition for you.
+1 !

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Usually,

You don't always realize all the free labor is behind. As I have already suggested to some pilots in the past, you should arrange even the competition of your dreams.

If you are not satisfied, I can understand that. But remember that you can hurt people with your words.
The pleasure turns into "I want nothing more to offer"

So please, think before you write. :roll:

You can express your dissatisfaction to a paid product. Not on a totally offered event. Try to remember the difference between "demand" and "suggest"

And it will be our pleasure to participate in your next free competition, according to your settings with the same quality as the SBC. :mrgreen:

Jan Oorthuijsen

Post by Jan Oorthuijsen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:17 am

+1
PH-722
WW
It’s Difficult to Soar Like An Eagle
When You’re surrounded By Turkeys

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Dear French Friends!
Please take my apologise: I didn't want to hurt anyone, and of course, as others - I appreciate your big work!
I am impressed by your smooth competitions workflow, time you sacrifice to bring competitions to life etc etc!
For me it is very obvious! Sorry didn't wrote it clear somewhere...
(I also like your sometimes little bureaucratique but very clear style of communication). ;)

IMHO The problem is lack of talk/discussion about suggestions to [maybe possible] improve to your competitions.
Discussion was efficiently cutted through those years... [Looks like I am the last one now, but I started just lately. ;) And I will finish very soon!] ;)
Sure, you can always say: SBC is our so we will not talk with participants about principles: they can fly it or not. Easy. And this is one of the ways.
But with such approach you take every voice ppl said just 0 or 1. If someone give you thumbs up it is OK, if not - it is complain (which deserves popular advice: "make own/better competitions").

You can express your dissatisfaction to a paid product. Not on a totally offered event. Try to remember the difference between "demand" and "suggest"

Why I can't express my dissatisfaction to a free product? Only just coz it is free? Or maybe I can be disappointed but can't talk about it? Coz it sounds rude or so? Free /open source applications wouldn't be improved at all with calm customers. Well - maybe you, wrong, treat every single "suggestion" to SBC as "demand"? :|

And it will be our pleasure to participate in your next free competition, according to your settings with the same quality as the SBC.

Hope so! You're welcomed! :) If there will be any! BTW - I made few small competitions and believe me I know how really-not-easy it is!
BTW But please - promise you will not be complaining that tasks are slow and in fact boring and weather is crap, but you'll rather try to finish all days. ;) Thanks in advance! :)

Please don't take a specific task and generalize ...
The results are consistent with the specifications set for the SBC.

Sure there was slower days and I am talking about extremes! But as CristianoConrado wrote: Flying at 297Km/h in a Open Class, in a turbulent, high altitude flight is not common in RL tasks... Percent of crashers/outlanders is also not so high. Tasks routes are different etc etc
IMVHO Would be great to see more Condor tasks less Sci-Fi, and more tasks where Condor trying to be Competition Soaring Simulator.

---------------------

As a small appendix, for those who still reading, there are slightly updated parts of informal msg, I wrote to SBC tasksetter LeMontois few months ago (Feb. 15th, 2016) via c-c site, after (imho promising) day 4 of SBC. Unf. I didn't realise that PMs are not reading 'by rules'. ;)

At first: I am not complaining, as I do not race SBC, but if you have few minutes and wanna discuss a little about "Condor as a sim", tasksetting at a glance and its realism - I will talk with pleasure. :)
[...]
would be really great to have - from time to time - slower, old classic triangle, as it was on day 4! :) (Or maybe mixed mode: part of task pure thermal flatland, part ridge, or all task pure flatland etc)

So... here are my few thoughts about tasksetting at a glance [all IMHO of course]:

1. Tasks should have start and finish near same airfield. (Would be almost impossible to make 'cargo' races in RL, most important coz of safety: pilots just wouldn't be familiarise with distant finish airfield, terrain around it etc).

2. Condor needs more real weather. Average thermals and how RL ridge works, except probably for Himalaya ;) can be checked at OLC:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/se ... index.html

3. Depends on pt 2: realistic weather will make more realistic average speeds. You can check RL results for different glider classes and soaring places - just check OLC flights:

4. When setting task I try to set realistic weather first and than proper route according to invented weather preset. As RL tasksetters do.

5. Tasksetters have to avoid long and/or fluttered final glide: are not safe, makes (with no reason) average speed much better and last but not least - it may be boring to fly 15-20 minutes at Vne.

6. Tasks should be easy to survive (as in RL are); obstacles on route (or flying against wind in high mountains) are not needed - race and compete with others should be (and in fact is) fun enough. :)

7. Let's all back to basics of Condor, soaring and sailplanes. :)

Thank you for your time and patient reading! :)

Best regards
PIT
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Pit_R wrote:Dear French Friends!
Please take my apologise: I didn't want to hurt anyone, and of course, as others - I appreciate your big work!
I am impressed by your smooth competitions workflow, time you sacrifice to bring competitions to life etc etc!
Hello Pit_R, thanks for your kind words.
Pit_R wrote:Why I can't express my dissatisfaction to a free product? Only just coz it is free? Or maybe I can be disappointed but can't talk about it? Coz it sounds rude or so? Free /open source applications wouldn't be improved at all with calm customers. Well - maybe you, wrong, treat every single "suggestion" to SBC as "demand"? :|
IMHO yes you can voice your dissatisfaction in a good manner.
Pit_R wrote:IMHO The problem is lack of talk/discussion about suggestions to [maybe possible] improve to your competitions.
Over the years, we have less and less time and we prefer to dedicate the available time to organize the competition than to debate on topics that have been already discussed many times.

Besides, if the SBC is considered 80% OK, we we don't want to spend more time / energy to make it 95% OK (80/20 rule).

In the end, I would say that it is the right of the public to voice suggestions and it is our right to discuss or take them into account or not.