SBC D1 Ping too high

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

Géza

SBC D1 Ping too high

Post by Géza » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi Guys
I cannot access any server from Australia -Ping too high- Can be udjusted to 700 or higher
Thanks
GP9

Simicro

Re: SBC D1 Ping too high

Post by Simicro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi, sorry, in the interest of other competitors and for many reasons we cannot do that.

Spirals

Re: SBC D1 Ping too high

Post by Spirals » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Just a query from an observation on SBC Day 1 on server G.

Presumably the maximum ping rate setting just stops systems with a poor ping rate joining in the first place and does not cut a system off once they have joined should their ping rate drift beyond that limit.

I only query this as I recall someone on server G on Sunday having a ping rate in excess of 4000 who was warping all over the place and I believe whistled passed very close to me during one of those warps.

It was very disconcerting and is especially so in thermals so illustrates why the organisers would need to try and avoid too much of this for the pleasure of the majority.

I would be very disappointed though if I was unable to at least join and download the flight plan so I could fly the task off-line, Geza (GP9) didn't post a task on Sunday so perhaps this is what happens.

Perhaps if this is the case and high ping rates only affect the individual server they appear on then one of the servers (pre-announced and made aware to all competitors) could have the maximum ping rate set high enough to enable potential participants in the same situation as Geza to at least join and download the flightplan and then fly off-line.

It will be especially frustrating for GP9 tonight if he can't join from Australia when we are all so close in New Zealand.

Better luck GP9
Steve