[SBC2014] Requests and questions to the organizers

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

Andrzej Czop

Re: [SBC2014] Requests and questions to the organizers

Post by Andrzej Czop » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:54 pm

why server today not started tow?

and on server J "invalid pasword" :shock:

irspax

Post by irspax » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello.

I got a bluescreen during race on 26.01.14. Could you please remove my penalty points for this race.

I wanted to attach the condor ERRORLOG.txt to this reply but this forum doesn't allow me to upload a *.txt file. I could send it to you via mail instead.

Thanks,

CW D-2699 U8

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Hello,
Sorry, but no exception :arrow:
Simicro wrote:Hi all,
The small organization team members, all in activity (not retired), have less time to dedicate to SBC this year.
However, as you can see, we make it happen.
In the previous SBC, managing the claims for scoring was a very consuming activity: claim analysis, investigations, checks, team discussions, etc.
That is why all organization team members decided to refuse from now on all claims related to scoring that take origin in pilot's carelessness or PC/software failure (every pilot is responsible for his plane).
No exception.

For example that means that in the following cases:
1) Blue Screen Of Death
2) FTR uploaded without a correct finish (still in the air)
3) FTR uploaded at the wrong place (pilots ranking instead of the competition) by lack of attention

Crash penalties will apply and will not be removed.

So be prepared, read the tips by clicking here

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Andrzej Czop wrote:why server today not started tow?

Hi Andrzej, for that we would need to wait for our tech guys to answer: RaiderOne or snip.

Andrzej Czop

Post by Andrzej Czop » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Simicro wrote:
Andrzej Czop wrote:why server today not started tow?

Hi Andrzej, for that we would need to wait for our tech guys to answer: RaiderOne or snip.
tow finaly started, but we start flight with 15 min delay - it was a significant obstacle when start hour was so late - some slower pilots didn't have a chance to finish task

i tried join to other server they are full and the last one was with other password :(

Regards
Andrzej

pappy69

Post by pappy69 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 pm

6 months of Greece2.2 with an average of 90 times played online (check March untill October 2013) is not enough
to qualify the scenery so it can be played in SBC2014.
On the other hand other sceneries with lower statistics had already been played!!

NOT FAIR!!!! :(

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi pappy69,

As you are the author of Greece I quite understand that you are eager to see your scenery used in SBC.

However I must confess that I would have prefered a more neutral wording because it is not a question of 'fair' or 'unfair'.

It is quite uncomfortable :( for us, organizers, to feel obliged to use scenery X or Y, based only on their popularity.

One important factor is the stability of the scenery and I remember that not so long ago, there was some adjustments made to the thermal map of Greece.

So I have to discuss with the organizers before I can answer to you one of these:
- yes for sure
- yes probably
- probably no
- no for sure

pappy69

Post by pappy69 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:04 pm

I remember last year when i asked the same question i got the answer that sceneries are chosen based on the popularity and
from how many times they have been played .

As for the stability issue you mentioned yes it is the weather map that is closer to reality now.

arneh

Post by arneh » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:10 pm

pappy69 wrote:6 months of Greece2.2 with an average of 90 times played online (check March untill October 2013) is not enough
to qualify the scenery so it can be played in SBC2014.
On the other hand other sceneries with lower statistics had already been played!
It's just not Greece, as I've already remarked, the contest almost only takes place in Alps XL and Provence 2 sceneries, with a few other very old sceneries used occasionally. I was hoping for a bit more variety than this.

Even the highest quality Condor sceneries made, Cadfael's sceneries aren't used (and neither are my almost as high quality Norway sceneries).

pegase2a

Post by pegase2a » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 am

I think the same about the sceneries used!

A little bit lack of variety :( I've said the same on french community!

Almost 140 sceneries available on condorclub.eu :P

Sylvain 2AB

PedroJQS

Problem.kicked off by server. Modificated landscapes.

Post by PedroJQS » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:12 pm

i Had this problem trying to get in the sbc today. The escenary was rocky mountains. And after choosing plane at the end of the scenary loading this mesage appears. Kicked off by server modificated landscapes foud. Of course i have not modified any landscape. I try with other servers and secenaryes and works ok.I delete the rocky mountains scenary and copied again from my back up hdd, didnt work, same message. I could not try another server with same scenary. Someone can help me?
Fight gravity.

UWE

Post by UWE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Pedro,
have you installed the little fix to the Scenerie?

http://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/0/?o=0&p=11

Happy Day, Uwe

arneh

Post by arneh » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:47 pm

A little request, could you please not change the task after briefing has been sent out? It's a nasty surprise to discover when you thought you were on final glide that you're not going to the airport that was in the briefing... And this isn't the first time this has happened either, and I can't see any good reason why it was changed either.

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:32 am

arneh wrote:A little request, could you please not change the task after briefing has been sent out? It's a nasty surprise to discover when you thought you were on final glide that you're not going to the airport that was in the briefing... And this isn't the first time this has happened either, and I can't see any good reason why it was changed either.
Hi Arneh,

Three Briefings have been sent for this task, and for all three of them, the Start and Arrival lines were exactly the same !
So I don't understand what do you mean ... ? :o

Sorry for those multiple briefings, but even when a very small detail of the weather is changed, a new briefing is sent. Its quite often useless in those cases but the CdClub has not been programmed to evaluate the importance of the change to decide if it is worth it to send a new briefing or not (problem not easy to modelise).
And as this year we are a very very small organization team (let's pray it will not drop down to one only next year, otherwise there won't be any SBC2015), some time we are late, so the tasksetters or me are making some last adjustments (majors or minors, it depends of the mistakes).
I think it's not a real big deal to have a few quite identical extra breifings instead of having a canceled race day !

Anyway, sorry for that little confusion ... but we do our best with our time constraints ...
ImageImage

arneh

Post by arneh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 pm

RaiderOne wrote:Three Briefings have been sent for this task, and for all three of them, the Start and Arrival lines were exactly the same ! So I don't understand what do you mean ... ? :o
Since all the briefings just refer to the same image, it's impossible for me to check now what the earlier tasks were. I may have been mistaken, but I do note that the first task has a slightly different task length, so start/finish can't have been exactly the same. And as I remember it, the first task started further west, and ended at St. Johann instead of at Zell am See.

And there was an earlier day (day 12 I think) when the task was changed quite significantly and got an second leg.