[SBC2014] Requests and questions to the organizers

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

PedroJQS

Re: [SBC2014] Requests and questions to the organizers

Post by PedroJQS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm

thermal wrote:
PedroJQS wrote: Is that correct?
That depends on what you mean by "Leaving the task"

Thanks thermal. So, sometimes there is extra time for donwloads? So there is not task deadline? Well in my case i think that will be not fair if any of the others competitors forced landing to be in time for upload. I will like a confirmation of this. Task deadline is the end hour for upload,in this case 00:15 of the16th.
In day 7 task we had: server join 30 min since 19:15. 15 min before start and 60 min of opened start untill 00:15 that give us if you get stucked like me and do the start late three hours and a quarter,no... less because you have to log in and upload just three effective hours. Is that correct? Looking how the first clasificated time and speed where i have a lot to learn...im more used to my paragliding speed and glide :). Anyway i uploaded my track in the ranking.

Another more question. Remember this was my first task ever with condor. How do you upload your track after loging out of condor? Where is the button, or the place in condor club for uploading. Is in the task label in comps? Help me please becase in the instructions for begginners says that you have to upload in cc(i understand condor club) but theres no explanation where and how.(wich section,button...). Thanks!!!!
Fight gravity.

PedroJQS

Post by PedroJQS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks thermal. So, sometimes there is extra time for donwloads? So there is not task deadline? Well in my case i think that will be not fair if any of the others competitors forced landing to be in time for upload. I will like a confirmation of this. Task deadline is the end hour for upload,in this case 00:15 of the16th.
In day 7 task we had: server join 30 min since 19:15. 15 min before start and 60 min of opened start untill 00:15 that give us if you get stucked like me and do the start late three hours and a quarter,no... less because you have to log in and upload just three effective hours. Is that correct? Looking how the first clasificated time and speed where i have a lot to learn...im more used to my paragliding speed and glide :). Anyway i uploaded my track in the ranking.

Another more question. Remember this was my first task ever with condor. How do you upload your track after loging out of condor? Where is the button, or the place in condor club for uploading. Is in the task label in comps? Help me please becase in the instructions for begginners says that you have to upload in cc(i understand condor club) but theres no explanation where and how.(wich section,button...). Thanks!!!!
Fight gravity.

krizosijek

Post by krizosijek » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 pm

david354 wrote:Re: day 7
Same here. I finished at 1am.
Thanks
Dave

same here, finished 1:30...
will upload be opened again?

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Please don't post everything in this topic because it will be difficult to deal with several subjects at the same time.

Beginners questions go in:

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 26&t=15500

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Also please read all the rules and tutorials that he have written and are in stickies.

Eventually, please understand that we simply cannot write a tutorial on everything and we don't have much time this year.

PedroJQS

Post by PedroJQS » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Ok ill try the link. Thanks :)
Last edited by PedroJQS on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fight gravity.

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:00 am

We are probably going to re-open the upload link for your .ftr file for this competition day (SBC2014 - Day07) this evening ...

Stay tuned for the GO !!
ImageImage

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Hello guys,

The upload for your SBCday07 .ftr will be reopened at 18h GMT (19h Paris).

PedroJQS

Post by PedroJQS » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:36 am

:( i missed it...i was working. But thanks anyway. :)
Fight gravity.

Marrj

Pilots name problem

Post by Marrj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi,
Sorry, Unfortunately I changed my CN (from UPP to RMD). the change is visible in de registrationlist but when I uploaded my FTR yesterday (SBC14) my name did not show up in the competitionlist.
Could it be repaired? If not, I am excluded from the list for the rest of the competition? :shock:
In that case, could I get the way to calculate the score points. so I can see for myself where I will end.

Thanks a lot

Marrj, Rene Marchand, PH-RMD (RMD)

Simicro

Re: Pilots name problem

Post by Simicro » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:16 am

Hi Rene,

You can easily imagine that changing your identity/CN is necessarily problematic.

We warned competitors about that:
Don't forget to fly the races with your First name, Last name and competition number that you registrered on Condor Club. If you don't, you will not be scored.
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 26&t=15464

As organizers, we cannot repair that sort of things managed by Condor Club.

What you can do is revert to you initial CN for the time of the competition.

Marrj

Post by Marrj » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Thank you for the quick answer. I'll try to go back to initial CN.

Rene

arneh

Post by arneh » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 am

After yet another fast ridge task in the Alps, may I ask for a bit more variety in tasks? So far 10 of the 14 tasks have been in the 3 Alps sceneries (Provence 2, Alps XL and West Swiss). And another two have been ridge tasks in New Zealand. So that means there have only been 2 thermal tasks over (relatively) flat terrain, one each in Hahnweide and South Turkey.

While the fast ridge tasks in the Alps are fun and all, having ~80% of the tasks be such are a bit too much. Some more variety in sceneries and task types would be welcome.

Apart from that, keep up the good work! :-)

ejelaci

Post by ejelaci » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:36 am

Thank you for the organization of this competition. I have 2 question. Sorry about my terrible english...

Can we fly some AAT-task in the future?

My 2nd question is a little bit strange...
Sadly I have seen that too many pilots use cheat-programs during the SBC-tasks. :( What can you do against the cheat programs?

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 am

Hi,

Yes you can expect about 2-3 AAT from now until the end of the competition.

Regarding cheat, I will make it short: we have detection techniques and in the previous SBC editions, 2-3 guys have been spotted and banned from the competition.