[SBC2014] Pilot's carelessness and PC failure

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

Simicro

[SBC2014] Pilot's carelessness and PC failure

Post by Simicro » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi all,

The small organization team members, all in activity (not retired), have less time to dedicate to SBC this year.

However, as you can see, we make it happen.

In the previous SBC, managing the claims for scoring was a very consuming activity: claim analysis, investigations, checks, team discussions, etc.

That is why all organization team members decided to refuse from now on all claims related to scoring that take origin in pilot's carelessness or PC/software failure (every pilot is responsible for his plane).

No exception.

For example that means that in the following cases:

1) Blue Screen Of Death
2) FTR uploaded without a correct finish (still in the air)
3) FTR uploaded at the wrong place (pilots ranking instead of the competition) by lack of attention

Crash penalties will apply and will not be removed.

So be prepared, read the tips by clicking here

JensM

Re: [SBC2014] Pilot's carelessness and PC failure

Post by JensM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:48 pm

To the organizers of SBC
In response to this thread I Wonder why som many pilots could crash and disconnect witout getting penaltypoints on day 7.
A simple Count from the servers says that 73 pilots crashed or disconected but only 31 got penaltypoints, If this should be a fair competition all should get penalty for crashes and disconnecting.
It is rather random who got penalty and who did not. Each server are respresented.
Regards Jens - DK2

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:01 pm

Please give CNs. User can be disconnected and finish flight offline. If they send their ftr where it appears they are not crashed then they don't have penalty.
Crash penalties are only shown on global results.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Jens

Only my thoughts, but at 0015 the task was scored (possibly automatically) - around 6 pilots were still on around 4 of the servers at that time which I saw as I was watching out for one of them.

I suspect that the crashes from those servers that were still up at that time might not have been taken into account.

It seems that they have been now that the submissions was reopened and it has been re-scored.

Steve

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Day 12 BSOD 26km from TP1 :(

My first crash and not my fault.
Condor CN = E20

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi Andy1248,

We are sorry to hear that :(

Andy1248

Post by Andy1248 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Unfortunately it is one of those things that can happen particularly with AlpXL. Nine times out ten it is ok then BSOD.
I have flown most of the task offline since OK.
Next time eh! :D
Condor CN = E20

Spirals

Post by Spirals » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Andy

Similarly disappointed on Day 12.

Flying tight to the ridge a longer than normal screen refresh (around 2 seconds or so) put me into the ground crashed.

Tried a reflight with AXM's ghost to see how the experts do it and got a rare BSOD (as you say 9 times out of 10 its ok). Used BOD1's texture reducer and flew the task. Didn't notice any difference in the quality/detail of the landscape but did feel that the occasional awkward screen refreshes were shorter and less trouble. Might not make any difference, I'd have to fly it another 20 times to see if it has reduced the chances of trouble - perhaps it would make the BSOD less likely as well.

Would also have to fly it at least another 20 times to work out how AXM can do what he does :-) Remarkable ability to fly really fast and accurately and retain altitude on the ridges all at the same time!

Its maybe worth using BOD1's wonderful program to reduce the likelihood of a problem.

Steve