[SBC2017] Main thread

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

lemontois

Re: [SBC2016] Main thread

Post by lemontois » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:57 pm

SHT wrote:+1 for the tasks without mountains! :D
Still waiting for the Club class task :wink:
You should be almost entirely satisfied with day#14 (this evening) :wink:
PDS - Lemontois

" Never fly lower or faster than your guardian angel"
My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]
CondorCheck2 & SceneryCheck2 also available at Soaring Tools

SHT

Post by SHT » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 pm

lemontois wrote:

Almost :P

MOREEE!!!!

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:28 pm

SHT wrote:
lemontois wrote:
Almost :P
MOREEE!!!!
:D
We do our best to try to please everyone and to diversify the types of tasks (staying within the specifications of this competition (here) )
PDS - Lemontois

My Tools for Condor2: CondorCheck2[FR/EN] - SceneryCheck2[FR/EN] - CondorRacesRefly2[FR]

h.kreso

Post by h.kreso » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Server B won't start, one pilot block as!!! Help Admin

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello,

Today i was waiting for the servers preparing the files, just to find all the server were open 1 hour before the normal time.
There was no warning about saving time changes and it is not fair.
I was trying to improve my GC results and that last tasks were important. I am a very busy medic and put a lot of my time on this competition.
The rules and competition details was very clear.

"- 20 Races every Thursday and Sunday evenings at 20H15 Paris time (19H15 UTC) from Thursday 28th january 2016 to Thursday 7th april 2016."

IT IS NOT FAIR!

I am still waiting for a server if some admin can open one.

Very SAD!

Cristiano Conrado [CON]

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Hello,

Today i was waiting for the servers preparing the files, just to find all the server were open 1 hour before the normal time.
There was no warning about saving time changes and it is not fair.
I was trying to improve my GC results and that last tasks were important. I am a very busy medic and put a lot of my time on this competition.
The rules and competition details was very clear.

"- 20 Races every Thursday and Sunday evenings at 20H15 Paris time (19H15 UTC) from Thursday 28th january 2016 to Thursday 7th april 2016."

IT IS NOT FAIR!

I am still waiting for a server if some admin can open one.

Very SAD!

Cristiano Conrado [CON]

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Can somebody open a extra server ?
All brasilians were waiting for the servers at UTC time.

:oops: :cry: :x :shock:

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Please guys, open a new server.

I changed all my agenda with family eastern celebrations and hospital turns to be able to fly this thing, can you open a extra server this time ?
For next thursday we will be awarned about it, but this change was totally unexpected.
U can open a extra server and delay the results a bit.

I am waiting for a answer.

Cristiano Conrado [CON]

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:16 pm

Still waiting here,

Is there any admin around?
Give me a answer please!

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:57 pm

Wow 5 posts and 1 MP

Sorry, i'm busy too...

See you on the next race :D

lemontois

Post by lemontois » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 am

I'm sorry that you were not able to connect in time for the last SBC2016 race
Regardless if Daylight Saving Time is applicable or not , the servers start at 20:15 (Paris Time).
This is the time also indicated in the next races schedule available on Condor Club as well as in the briefing you received 45 minutes before the start of the race.
PDS - Lemontois

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:43 pm

Hello,

The SKB is the major and the best competition of soaring sim community, but it dont means it can not be better.
There is a very often charecteristic in SKB tasks, with the specific route playing the main aspect to final results.
Sometimes a single pass decision make all the difference and it is not a good point to measure the pilots.
Lots of good pilots do not know that passes and routes, most of us are not europeans used to talk about or even fly in real life, hearing about all that mountains, histories and passes.
In real life we are able to know and study the surroundings of flight area with enough time before the races, some competitions in flat areas will emphasize thermal ability, wheater reading, AAT timing and etc...
All these make a more fair enviroment to measure the pilot.
The tasks should be a little less more oriented about the route and more oriented about the other parameters.
Another point is - We can avoid turning tasks in arcade gaming like this last Chile one, when after a technical first kilometers we are forced to fly at VNE pre-flutter speed to get results.
The task can be setted to avoid these VNEs unsafe behaviors, for example: avoiding too short run to finish after a high altitude pass.
The start altitude can be setted barely below the cloud base to avoid the VNEs starts, and it is a shame we can not set speed limit to start gate validation.
Most of you will not give value to what i am saying, but i see Condor as a training tool and we are massificating bad behavior, unsafe behavior in pilots.
We still can have mixing of thermaling and mountain ridge run but the "specific route" kind of task should be avoided, we can set winds and weather weak enough to make the flight more about taking the maximum from the glider in a more thecnical way, when you can fly fast but if you pass the point, blowing the polar, you will loose in the long run, in the most cases.
It is not a criticism but exposure of some ideas to make future tasks considering these points.
Flying at 297Km/h in a Open Class, in a turbulent, high altitude flight it is not that mind game and it is sounds stupid, but it is ok for "A GAME".

That is my 2 cents.

Regards and Aio Silver!

Cristiano Conrado

PhilippeFP

Post by PhilippeFP » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 am

Hello,

This is a discussion that existed since the creation of the simulator. This is not related to the SBC or any other competition. This is a simulator, so by definition it is not real.

Thank you not to add comments in this topic. If necessary, please open a new topic. :)

CristianoConrado

Post by CristianoConrado » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:45 pm

A artist can make a piece of wood or a rock to looks like a human or something alive, can make us have ispiration and feelings, but it is still a piece of rock or wood.
The affirmation "it is a simulation and not real", is unnecessary and off the point.
The idea here is to make the best with what we have - the simulator.
I am just pointing we can make more from "the game". With some attention in the task setting process we can sculpt "the game" to look like what we whant.

Cristiano

zou

Post by zou » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:43 am

Postby ejelaci » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Dear DGT, First I would like to thank You for the beautiful AA scennery!
Secound: The problem is not me. I only tell the problem...

In each game, there are scammers or cheaters. Every games and always. Nobody knows why, but it has a thousands of years of history.

Ewerybody knows that many players use the german cheater-program in this lovely game (maybe more than a game... :) ). For example they can use the thermal-helper even if it is not allowed. You can see: they use only the best and strongest thermals for climbing and they can find the central of the lift immediately. And you can not detect it - unfortunately.
Some player CAN modify their glider's polar. You can see: he won 3 consecutive task in this competition - which is statisticaly impossible...

Please silence Jonas, because we can see: you had a lot of interesting results during the last year which are inexplicable. Just remember the all-year UWE-comp in last year... ;)

So, dear my friends, I told the problem. This is not my problem. This is our - all honest player - problem...
But if this really bothers me in the future, then I will keep myself away from competitions and competing.

Please, Fair Play!

Good evening everyone, I'm Anouar alias GE7 (Golden Eagle) and I will very rarely on this forum.
And sorry for my very bad English.

I am shocked that this pilot "ejelaci (Laszlo Orsy / EJE)" still call me a cheater !!! :shock:

Already last year (although he make them laugh!) And again this year !!!
And now he is more attack to "JO" which is a very good pilot on Condor and in real !

You think I have nothing else to do to cheat ... (And how it would be possible!?)
There are no rewards when you win the SBC.
No interest !
In the limit a little boy of 20 years, gamer, a good in computer can be a cheating technique and cheat for fun, one time or two.
But not for years over a long competition ... And I think that even if he has found a cheating technique he can not win as gliding application to manage multiple parameters! (Path, choosing the right gear transitions, choice of thermals ...)

If you want to know how to win, studied in my footsteps and those of other good pilots like "JO, REA, WRW, DGT, CN ..."
Turns your little brain and work, work, work !
There are no secrets!
This is unbearable your reactions ... And when you, you win and you make a very good score and you before me, we can also say that you cheat!
Pffff very stupid guy ! :evil:

Fly on this simulator is for me just a pleasure and nothing more!
I real flight in the Southern french Alps Paragliding and glider.
I live near "Laragne" " Sisteron" and foremost I love the mountains.
I also do Trail(running on montains), research stones and minerals in high altitude... The mountain is my great passion.

So, for me Condor it's just for fun and nothing else! :!: :!: :!:

In fact I have not even the spirit of competition, I don't do real competition ... I don't like it, it's too dangerous for me.
What I like is the flight distance and stay up! I am a contemplative and i take a picture with my camera...
I don't understand, while "Thierry BOD1" (creator of Condor-club) which to check all of my flights already told you last year that I was not a cheater !!!

I need you stopped because you became really ridiculous! :mrgreen:

See you next year for this wonderful VIRTUAL competition !!!

PS: Also, when I see the number of crashes on each tasks! Damn guys, took pleasure simply too and don't push on the handle!
This is only a simulator.

Fly high and safe.

bb, Anouar (GE7)