[SBC2010] ACE excluded for cheating

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

Freebird

Re: ACE excluded from SBC2010 for cheating

Post by Freebird » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:28 am

ACE Pilot wrote:
Freebird wrote:Just over a year ago a pilot called 'PUNK' was caught cheating by adjusting thermal strengths, there has been no version change to Condor since this so the cheat must still work.
I think the PUNK dont adjusting the thermals. He had a much better gliders polar which he could fly faster and get a better climb rate in thermals. But this technic is still known.
From the 'PUNK' thread...

Ok, after a discussion with P.Unk, I can confirm he did it only to show it was possible to do it, as he exaggerated completely the weather settings. As he said, other people could do it with just a slightly change and nobody will notice it.
He said also he won't do it again, it was just a "proof of concept".

Whatever, this cheating technique is now detected (and blocked)- as many others - on Condor Club so I encourage every competition organizers to use Condor Club to validate results.

Post by 22 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:41 am

strange that P.UNK and ACE and maybe ICE from SBC08 have the same rightful reasons for cheating :mrgreen:

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:50 am

I have made several changes, but which are recognized by the condor scoring software. After that i uploadet my original FTR file [...].

But accepted from the condor club scoring software was only the orinigal FTR file.

So... you wanted to try edit FTR manually, improve it and than upload to c-c, but system refused them as modded, right?
And than u upload original FTR from your real online flight...

The problem is - your uploaded file is not valid...
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

ACE Pilot

Post by ACE Pilot » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:04 am

Again I have never cheated during online flights!
I only uploadet a not valid FTR to test the condor club scoring system. And what you see is that the system is able detect not valid FTR files.
After this test i uploadet my regular FTR and got the 2nd place.
That is the reason why Thierry from CC believed to have beheaded a cheater.

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:05 am

Did anyone else try to fly with the ACE-ghost of day11? I tried it for the first leg and maybe I'm just a horrible pilot but I lost 100-300m in every thermal...I mean it could be that his thermalling technique is much better than mine, but getting an average of 4,7m/s over a complete thermal where I don't even get 4,5 avg for a single circle is a bit strange. Maybe someone else could try it as well, some confirmation would be helpful, it still could be that I'm just a far worse pilot in thermalling.
In straight flying between thermals performance was quite the same so water ballast can't be the reason.

But I don't think every good pilot is called a cheater...and I can't remember a discussion about Tim being a cheater as well

Post by 22 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:07 am

Than publish regular FTRs from last 3 flights, I will test it with ghost during weekend. I have archived some communication from task where some ppl saw your abnormal flight and it was multiplayer, so pls stop lie.

ACE Pilot

Post by ACE Pilot » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:36 am

You can get it all from CC. Please give me your private email address and i send you the valid FTR of the discussed Task11.

Post by 22 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:42 am

chbox<at>post.cz

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:51 am

ACE Pilot wrote:You can get it all from CC.
No. All FTRs you sent to CC have a bad checksum, indicating that, even if the settings seem correct, the file has been modified afterward.

So send us the ORIGINAL, unmodified FTR of day 11 and we will see :twisted:
Touching the polar is checked by server and doesn't change the FTR checksum.
Now, please stop lying, it's pathetic.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

ACE Pilot

Post by ACE Pilot » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 am

I do also understand something about programming. An its not possible to get a bad checksum like CRC when you dont have the origin crc md5 or sha1 string. When a checksum validation is so easy, so bring it to your scoring system and we have a better anti cheat tool. But you can't.
Thierry please stop accusing me it's not fair.
When i am at home tonight i'll send to Marek the file OK?
Last edited by ACE Pilot on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 22 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:12 am

ok, anyway you can publish it here also, if havent you problem with this...

Riaba-Aggr

Post by Riaba-Aggr » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 am

Please explain, why you are flying with 1000 ghosts in your "valid" FTR.
Last edited by Riaba-Aggr on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 am

Andrzej Czop wrote:Many times when I compared results with ShowCondorIGC, especially after MNS there was inpossible becouse not valid igc file - is this reason of cheating? If yes, than I think - cheating is popular in Condor... :?
Andrzej! If those igc files are downloaded from c-c than was made with other tool/script than C. itself => are not valid for SCI. So don't panic! ;)
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

ACE Pilot

Post by ACE Pilot » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 am

Riaba-Aggr wrote: Please explain, why you are flying with 1000 ghosts in your "vaild" FTR.
You did not understand. Pls read all topics.

RaiderOne

Post by RaiderOne » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm

kaleu wrote:Did anyone else try to fly with the ACE-ghost of day11? I tried it for the first leg and maybe I'm just a horrible pilot but I lost 100-300m in every thermal...I mean it could be that his thermalling technique is much better than mine, but getting an average of 4,7m/s over a complete thermal where I don't even get 4,5 avg for a single circle is a bit strange. Maybe someone else could try it as well, some confirmation would be helpful, it still could be that I'm just a far worse pilot in thermalling.
Michel (CN= DGT) did it, I suppose Tim (NX) did it (I sent him the files),
and I did it twice on the first leg of SBC201-Day11, and I did it aswell on the whole SBC2010-Day11 !
Even with all the chances on our side (I add the PDA, ACE is supposed not to have it on this task, I add the thermal helpers), all the conclusions form everybody are the same :
ACE is impossible to follow in the thermals even if you enter in each thermal 50 meters behind him and on the same line !
After only one circle you are below him ... and hundreds meters below him at the end of almost all the thermals used !
It seems that each thermal he is turning gives him 1 to 1.5 m/s. more than what you get and what is planned in the original flight plan ! :o

His trajectories in the thermals are not perfect at all, so we may suppose that he doesn't get the thermal helper during his OnLine flights, but even when we do not following his plane to be able to concentrate on the best climb possible with all the helps (PDA centering tool & thermal helper), in the same thermal with those bad circles he is doing, each time he is still climbing much faster than us !

So for me and some other pilots (some are very good Condor & Real Pilots) there is no doubt : he is not flying with the same weather as the others on the server !
ACE has found a "cheating system" to fly OnLine tasks with the weather locally modified on his Condor Client and without the server detecting it. The problem for him is that he doesn't know how to pass thru the protections of Condor-Club .ftr files fine analysis !
He is trying to do so by modifying the .ftr files ... but he failed ! :lol:

ACE is probably using his system at least since the beguinning of the SBC2010 contest ... so all ACE's flights are suspicious !
If some courageous pilots could fly with ACE ghosts on the SBC2010 days before the 11th ... that would be interesting.

But the worst thing he did was to lie to the Organisation Team ... and just for that reason he deserves to be out of the competition !
Asked to explain some weird things in his files, he said "sorry I don't understand the technical stuffs you are telling me" ... and a few days after he said "OK, you are right that was a story from me, I perfectly know what you mean ... but you know ... dadada ..." !
How can we trust a guy with such a behavior and apparently such a controversy Condor past ! :roll:

ImageImage