[SBC2010] Competition days

Moderators: dgtfer, Simicro, Marc Blanjean, RaiderOne, canastel9g, LEAN, PhilippeFP

dgtfer

Re: [SBC2010] Day26 - Debriefing

Post by dgtfer » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

This is the End!
To speak clearly, I think this is the most well-organised competition I've ever seen in condor, with very different and unusual tasks, needing a pilot's permanent adaptation to weather and terrain, but with possibility to recover from minor errors. It shows FP past experience with K13 cup.
Condor is not reality, with some simplistic aspects in weather or ridge flying, but FP managed to lessen this limitations in giving us a most realistic feeling, needing real flying ability. Like others, I preferred some task better then others, but I've been rarely bored.
Congratulation!
About the many complaints on this forum, it's a part of the game itself, and there is no offence to expose opinions, even negative ones, in a place precisely made for that. But raw reaction, with a whole bunch of flaming sentences is not always the best way to send a real message! (even if some people may be sometime true in the general tendencies of French people to give unwanted lessons to the rest of the world...).
I hope the team wont stop on that, and that the next edition will be more open to other organizers, it could be "The" great Condor competition, all needed tools are ready!
Tank you very much for the great job you've done!
And congratulation to the Bests... they are still the Bests!

aviatormark

Re: [SBC2010] Day26 - Debriefing

Post by aviatormark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Thank you to the task organizers for their endless patience with the huge community of pilots who entered this competition.
For me, flying my first competition(119th place), it was satisfying just to finish several tasks, I am sure the speed part will come with time.
My 3rd RL soaring season is just starting up and it will be interesting to see how well the Condor racing experience compares to RL cross country flying. I used Condor extensively during my early soaring lessons, and found it compared well and accelerated my progress in RL.
The best part is comparing my task route choices with those of the best pilots, to see where my thought processes need adjusting. Flying in my local club I have limited oportunity to fly with good mentors, but here in the condor world we "fly" with some of the worlds best. I learned a great deal from this competition and hope this one and others like it can continue into the future.
Again, many thanks to those who make this possible, from the software engineers to the task organizers to the pilots who take the time to fly the tasks.

Cheers, and many CUs to all of you.
Mark Adams