Impressions Day 39

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

UrosM

Re: Bad Impressions!!!!!!

Post by UrosM » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:17 pm

fabiogarros wrote:My patience has run out with this last race!

Unfortunately this is a league with stupid rules! Rules without regard!

Unfortunately I have the feeling that my lost time with the races of the SBC!

120 minutes from start gate!
Without limits of time to start!

These practices leave the evidence set to a competition in inequality, unfair, stupid!

But do not worry because we do not want to be part of this championship!

Please erase my name site ranking! I do not want to make more part of it!
You're pathetic, Fabio :cry:

fabiogarros

No problems!

Post by fabiogarros » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:51 am

Without problems Guys!!

Forget my posts!
Thus all the problems are solved!

Sorry if au offeded some pilot! And sorry for my bad english!

Congratulations to the team SBC for the great work!

Unfortunately I do not see any more sense what you call the competition!

Sorry for my ignorance!

Unfortunately I could not participate in the GP! Perhaps I would be more happy had devoted more to try to join the GP!

thermal

Post by thermal » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:38 am

@Fabio,
What you don't seem to understand is, that this competition is all about fun.
Fun for the organizers creating and maintaining the SBC infrastructure, automated scoring system and web sites.
Fun for competitors from all over the world to join and virtually fly the same tasks together.
Fun for the scenery developers to see their hard work being enjoyed by so many, and feeling proud about it.
Fun for the plane designers to see the result of their months of work go into large scale production.
Etc. etc.

OK, glitches occur every now and then, frustrations surface sometimes, but all that is forgotten before the next race day starts.
And that's good, because we all do this for fun.

It would have been different if we would compete for a first prize of $ 1.000.000, or the equivalent in your currency, but I can't even remember what the first prize is, if there is any. :?
So, aggressive posts like yours are completely out of the context of this event and harm the overall good atmosphere.

I hope you send a PM to Stefke and Andreas and reconsider your decision to leave the competition.
If not, don't bother to register for SBC 2009, because the rules won't change much I'm afraid...

Good luck, and have fun.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

ambrozic

Post by ambrozic » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:35 pm

i disagree with competition being all about fun. its just not. the only fun thing in competition is winning. everything else is hard work, learning a lot of interesting stuff and with win as ultimate goal this soon happens not being really fun at all.

but with such approach each, even small improvement, brings a lot of satisfaction.

thermal

Post by thermal » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:42 pm

ambrozic wrote:... brings a lot of satisfaction.
So in the end, you do agree. :D
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

Santiago Lopez

Post by Santiago Lopez » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:04 pm

I believe that one of the problems with this task is that in order to have a good score it would require a lot of time to finish it. In other words, hours climbing before start. In real life you would schedule a full day to go to the gliderport if you are in a competition. But in here most people schedule a number of hours to participate in a task, and sometimes have something to do afterwards. Or it can be late at night and need to go to work next day. Or just run out of patience.
So it is a matter of expectations. If you expect to spend the whole day in front of the computer, then you don't have a problem with very long tasks. Or you may just skip the whole thing.
I didn't want to wait. I had something to do later so I started low and struggled to reach TP2. Actually it was challenging. I think that probably it was more interesting than gliding to TP2 from a very high start.
So, do I think it was a bad task? I do. If the start height had been set lower, I think it could have been a good one.
I have enjoyed all the other tasks I participated. I am not demanding perfection from the organizers. I think that the SBC is almost as good as it can be. Previous mistakes have been learned and the league constantly improves.

Keep it up! Thanks!