Probleme SBC 36

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

bagger

Post by bagger » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:23 pm

TimKuijpers wrote:You are right PIT, but when J1 did this he did got his penalty.

Edit. :D
Last edited by bagger on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pozdrawiam, Jarek

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Please let's not start this SBC cheating debate again and make trouble for the SBC team.

They have repeatedly said that they will only check for pilots who have STARTED a task and will NEVER parse the server log files. As the clearly stated rules state it is possible to join one server and then switch to another server if you don't start on the first server.

Also if you check the results LS has already 19617 points overall so with the best 22 counting he has 891 points average. For day 36 he scored 876 points so little or no effect on the overall position. Why cheat for that ? It makes no sense to me.

I have flown quite a lot with LS in Aces High and SkyRace and never seen anything to cause me to suspect any cheating. I would say the results are compatible with his ability.

So please let's get back to the fun and enjoyment of SBC without worrying about things that have no real impact.

Dicxit2

Post by Dicxit2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi
This is a debate, however, ask him to J1 who was punished by 500points for the same role, we must be impartial it has not drift, for my part I am at my place in the 08 in sbc it is the case for everybody!
Dicxit

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:38 pm

I fully agree that it should be even handed and applied to all equally, but J1 had a 500 point penalty applied to that race day, not the overall result. If that were applied also to LS it would have no effect on his overall ranking. I don't think we should make extra work for Andreas and Stefan unnecessarily.

Also it was the case that J1 repeatedly joined an early server and then flew again later, some arguing that he could have gained some advantage from this, which I personally don't believe. Do we even know that LS flew a later server or just switch to another in the same timezone to fly with his friend ?

I just worry that with all this cheating debate going on competition organisers will lose the fun in doing what they do and we will all ultimately lose out.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:13 pm

There we go again * Thinking about 1/2 years ago .. It was nice ! but now its just cheating this cheating that *

Plz stop those stupid stuff , and I don't think LS will cheat for sure he flew 2times but only uploaded 1igc as I can read well? then did he land out 2nd flight so there is no problem ? maybe he just wanna fly for fun ..

Maybe some of the french/polish guys have to shutup and think about the time it was before .. no cheating no comments over flying task 2 '' wich wasn't possible '' but now I don't understand why u do that .. its just a game I don't think alot of people will cheat when they do they will get busted but I know LS good from condor ; He is not a cheater so plz stop making such stupid posts and get start to learn thermal or fly straight ..
And don't do it like ur cheater u out so I can win and so on .. Just fly for fun make the condor community bigger not smaller

just my 2c

Reg JJJ
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

xiff

Post by xiff » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:21 pm

JJJ wrote:He is not a cheater so plz stop making such stupid posts and get start to learn thermal or fly straight ..
not a cheater, you make me laugh... he is...
take a look on your sponsoring page ;)

fabiogarros

My opinion!!!!

Post by fabiogarros » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:54 am

Fact is that this championship has already been marked!

Unfortunately we can not do anything!

What we should worry about the future!

The German championship this until now I do not see a solution to that is a championship correct! I mean with rules and justice!

Championship is no joke! If someone wants to play going to do this in several other servers available!

I was very unhappy with this news because was believing it was really a championship! Unfortunately I do not believe that more and believe that several other pilots also not!

This kind of attitude is just eroding our community and many end up not give more the same amount for the condor!

If I am here is not claiming that I want bad for the condor! On the contrary! I want the Condor proceed growing!

I believe that the issues to be answered are:

- The Condor is a joke? Spend time?
- The current championships are only gatherings of friends?
- How many pilots do want to participate in a championship authentic?

If someone wants to discuss ways on how to create a championship before we can really discuss on another topic!

Sorry for my bad English!

bagger

Post by bagger » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:17 am

JJJ wrote:There we go again * Thinking about 1/2 years ago .. It was nice ! but now its just cheating this cheating that *

Plz stop those stupid stuff , and I don't think LS will cheat for sure he flew 2times but only uploaded 1igc as I can read well? then did he land out 2nd flight so there is no problem ? maybe he just wanna fly for fun ..

Maybe some of the french/polish guys have to shutup and think about the time it was before .. no cheating no comments over flying task 2 '' wich wasn't possible '' but now I don't understand why u do that .. its just a game I don't think alot of people will cheat when they do they will get busted but I know LS good from condor ; He is not a cheater so plz stop making such stupid posts and get start to learn thermal or fly straight ..
And don't do it like ur cheater u out so I can win and so on .. Just fly for fun make the condor community bigger not smaller

just my 2c

Reg JJJ

I think you should be a last in this discussion. We know you are very talented virtual pilot, but you don't care some SBC rules. And you got a penalty just because.
So pls stop tell me about rules and fairplay. And I you have a problems with the french/polish guys, please use a CN. Just for clearness.
Pozdrawiam, Jarek

Dicxit2

Post by Dicxit2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:07 am

Hi

Thank you for your work, (Andreas) sorry for the controversy, but I think the community should know!
To me the discussion and close

Greeting

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:20 am

Hi,

Only SBC Team can see if the outlanding flight was made on a SBC server or not, and if it's the case, before, or after his official result.

Rules are clear : only one flight is allowed on SBC servers for a race day.

You can fly and refly races as you want, but after the race !

IMHO, those who can't follow the rules should go to play with another game ...

My results are not terrific, but i want to lose by myself ! :lol:

So, let SBC Team decide what they have to do ...

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Dear friends

reading the mails from the last weeks when I was on vacation (SBC and Gladiators) made me very sad. Sad because I'm part of this community for quite a long time (not from the beginning, but quite so) and I dislike to see the path this threads are taking (many of you will say that this is common in online communities).

This is the first online community I'm participating actively. But it is clear for me that WE ALL must make an effort to "put this train on the railroad" again !!!

So people, take a deep breath, think how nice the real soaring season will be (lucky you in the northern hemisphere... we are going to the winter season here... not so bad as yours, but...) and just fly...

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

pasquale

Post by pasquale » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:40 pm

HI

I'm PAS, as i read the posts i really don't understand your problem.
This sentence is ridiculous:
"I see that cheating continues, as I have seen, I will explain"
Why would this be cheating?
I will tell you the MISTERIOUS SOLUTION :!:
I and LS wanted to fly in the 12:45 server.
We connected and about 5mins to the opening of finishline his(LS's) Condor had frozen. And because of this he/his condor disconnected. And because of this i had to fly this alone, but i wanted with him.
So i don't know what advantage would he get from the fact that he disconnected. He gived a PW from the rest of hungarian team, so he had LEGALLY flown the task later on.
SO i think you/we should stop arguing about it.

PEACE

Post by 22 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:40 pm

2.3. Refly

Every pilot is allowed to fly a task only one time, reflying the task will be punished with exclusion from the competition.

Can somebody translate it to Hungarian???

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:58 pm

22 wrote:2.3. Refly

Every pilot is allowed to fly a task only one time, reflying the task will be punished with exclusion from the competition.

No need for translations in any language. Nobody cares about the rules anymore :(

Just go fly and have fun. Don't worry, be happy!

I'm taking all this as one big joke. Incredibly, what some people do to get some extra points. And, as somebody already said, they can't win even when cheating. They are jokers. We all can make jokes out of them.

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:40 pm

22 wrote:2.3. Refly

Yes, but it depends on interpretation of "fly a task". I think SBC team have made it clear that you have to start the task to fly it, they don't parse the logfiles to see who has joined, they just check who has started. So on this basis didn't start the task = didn't fly.

I think that's how it is and we should just accept it. It wouldn't be fair to ask them to go to a lot of extra work checking all the logfiles to see who joined. Whether it is fair to join a later server or it gives any unfair advantage is down to personal interpretation / conscience.

But it does and will happen and there's not much we can do about it so let's stop worrying about it and get back to having fun in SBC.