Day 25

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

JJJ

Day 25

Post by JJJ » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Nice task ! just sended the igc file to stefan.kessler[at]speedbattle[dot]com , My timezone was 1445 but I had to leanr first :)
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

Fransois

Post by Fransois » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 am

Hi Andreas And Stefan,

I crashed during start with flutter in the 18:45 server. I flew again in 19:45 server for fun. I uploaded to see my result, but you should count me as crashed :wink:

Thx

SOI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Frank Lukas

Re: Day 25

Post by Frank Lukas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 am

JJJ wrote:Nice task ! just sended the igc file to stefan.kessler[at]speedbattle[dot]com , My timezone was 1445 but I had to leanr first :)
It smells like... learning what, Jenny? How often did you miss your timezone on SBC 2008 and how often did you ask for PW for later timezone? :x

Anyway, when comparing some IGC a question came up. With the briefing package at hand, setting the day, date & wind, is there a chance to "testfly" yesterdays task in advance? :oops:

The rules for next year SBC should be more restrictive on that point. I mean, we have 44 chances to be at the computer right in time.
For myself, I have to change my settings for nearly every flight. Why JJJ can´t do that?

Congratulations to the winner of the day, if he whould have done that @ the timezone he was assigned for.

Any other opinion is highly appreciated,

FL.

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:41 am

JJJ wrote:Nice task ! just sended the igc file to stefan.kessler[at]speedbattle[dot]com , My timezone was 1445 but I had to leanr first :)
Wondered why you came then went from the 14.45, we had quite good numbers for a change.

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:58 am

He had to learn the task first. He allready said that :lol:

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Frank Lukas wrote:How often did you miss your timezone on SBC 2008 and how often did you ask for PW for later timezone? :x
There's always somebody having timezone problems, and need new PW, from time to time. That's normal.

And there's allways JJJ with timezone problem, in need for new PW all the time :lol: That's normal too.

What I mean, there's 767 participants registered at CCC, JJJ and 766 others.

Jarous

Post by Jarous » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Normal situation: I can forget or I can miss Timezone – I will ask for new password for next start.

Normal situation: on-line login is valid attempt. If your PC falls down, it is a pity. I will try next competition and repair my PC.

In my opinion, JJJ offends against the rules and more than once come into the competition ( before validate attempt). I think he should be disqualified in this case .... 3 x on-line per day, it is not normal (1x at 17:45 with me)
Last edited by Jarous on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Somebody could show JJJ how to change timezone 1 day before raceday :D :D

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Polewka wrote:Somebody could show JJJ how to change timezone 1 day before raceday :D :D

Cya
I tried that...but he even forgets to change if you remind him 5times on the day before :? :wink: .

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 pm

LOL :D

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Jarous wrote:Normal situation: I can forget or I can miss Timezone – I will ask for new password for next start.

Normal situation: on-line login is valid attempt. If your PC falls down, it is a pity. I will try next competition and repair my PC.

In my opinion, JJJ offends against the rules and more than once come into the competition ( before validate attempt). I think he should be disqualified in this case .... 3 x on-line per day, it is not normal (1x at 17:45 with me)
Looks like you missed my post :lol:

As I already said, there's JJJ, one and only, and 766 others :cry:

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm

And now a bit serious

Folks, it is not because of this that he won last race. He flies really very fast and can beat us all at any time.

But yes, the way you're doing this PW thing JJJ, is getting over the limits. If it happens once in a while, then it's ok, but for you it happens almost every race!! Why you can't stay out of a race when your PC has a problem, like we, poor mortals?

The excuse you use "this task is nice! and I want to race it" sounds a bit old now...

Grow up, little grasshopper :D (older people will understand...)

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Polewka wrote:And now a bit serious

Folks, it is not because of this that he won last race. He flies really very fast and can beat us all at any time.

But yes, the way you're doing this PW thing JJJ, is getting over the limits. If it happens once in a while, then it's ok, but for you it happens almost every race!! Why you can't stay out of a race when your PC has a problem, like we, poor mortals?

The excuse you use "this task is nice! and I want to race it" sounds a bit old now...

Grow up, little grasshopper :D (older people will understand...)

Cya
That's exactly what I'm trying to say :D

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Some of our top competitors have said that knowing the wx settings in advance would not help them too much. However for us lesser souls I'm sure that benefit could be gained.

If an hour before join, I knew that cloudbase would be (say) 9000ft with plenty of 7kt thermals, it would certainly help me plan my flight. Instead I have a few minutes to digest the settings, before joining the launch queue, and having to 'test' the thermal/ridge behaviour before the start, and choose an mc setting etc...

As such reflying after PC crash or change of personal circumstances cannot be right, and certainly not a few hours after an initial attempt.

Here we have somebody who has had knowledge of the settings a few hours in advance and has gone on to win the day by a considerable margin. I'm not saying that JJJ does not have the ability to do that anyway and he is quite open about his reflys, but you have to wonder if even subconciously he does something different the second/third time.

As for repeating PC problems, I'm afraid that really those heavily affected should put more effort into finding the problem. Reflys should not be routinely given for those occurances (although in some cases, there is nothing wrong with cancelling the automatic crash logging where it's clear that the IGC was not uploaded because of H/W failure - witnesses etc)

We only need to finish 22 out of 44 races to be able to complete the championship, so missing a few to keep in line with the rules should not be a hinderence.

SteveK

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 pm

JJJ needs to get a bit more organised :)

there has already been one winner removed from the results (at his own request) because he had a problem at the start of the task on another timezone & flew again which I thought was very honest. JJJ has already questioned someone who flew a task twice (I think he was right to question that) but then he seems to be asking for passwords for different timezones on a regular basis & on this task he joined at least 3 servers on different timezones, he didn't get airborne in the 14.45 but he was there for about 2 minutes. I have flown with JJJ often enough to know what he can do & I dont believe he was looking for an advantage but others may not think that way & he should give that a bit of thought.