Slow result updates

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

MoWa

Slow result updates

Post by MoWa » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Is this a problem known to our good people running the servers? Sunday I waited for my result for several hours - today it also seems extremely slow. Currently 3 pilots "waiting for SeeYou result" - and that's how it has been for a loooooong time.

Strider69

Post by Strider69 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:51 pm

Yes really strange. I put my result in probably 10mins after TE and he was still waiting 40mins after my results had been shown. :? g
Basil Fawlty (RCB)

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi,

Sunday was the problem, that the AAT was complicate to score for SeeYou (about 5 minutes per IGC).
So that was the reason for the long time to wait.

Today it seems, that the server with Seeyou is crashed.
It is located at the home of Andreas and he is working right now.

Incidentally the Homepages CCC, SBC, SB... and the SeeYou Scoring are not the same hardware as the windows server where the condor tasks are running. We have 4 dedicated servers DE01, DE02, FR01, USA01.

Find more information here:
http://speedbattle-cup.com/environment.php?lang=en
Last edited by Stefke on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ambrozic

Post by ambrozic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:00 pm

this seeyou scoring thingie is naviters application or is it made in house by SB team?

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:03 pm

ambrozic wrote:this seeyou scoring thingie is naviters application or is it made in house by SB team?
It is the original SeeYou Software from naviter.

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Here comes a map which shows the status of our servers. seeyou.condor-server.com is my server at home connected via ADSL 16MBit/1Mbit.

All Other servers are located at ISPs.

2 Linux machines Debian Etch
2 Linux machines SuSE 10.2

6 Windows machines running Windows 2003 (Web ServerEdition, Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition)

We are monitoring the servers using the nagios monitoring software. If one service (HTTP, SMTP, DNS etc) or an ICMP ping doesn't work nagio will send an email to me. A few minutes I have added our SeeYou server. That's why I can't tell you if my DSL connection was broken this afternoon.

As soon as RAS is working this map will be shown at condor-server.com. The map will be generated on each page view.

Andreas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image Image Image