Day 21

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

Strider69

Post by Strider69 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:20 am

UWE wrote:Great Task. I was 2.6km to short - but i enjoyed it. :lol:

My final glide began by +70m with MC0 in 3150m without water, i flew between 95 and 110 km/h the direct way and at the end i need 20m for home :oops:

But that was a real task!
Ha ha Beat you. I was 2k short after a long long final glide, Tried to take 1 turn over a little hill that showed promise when i was over it but it lost me 100m, should have pressed on. i forgot about the gully to the finish and needed about 20 to 30m to clear the trees. What a mistake that last turn was. But fun. :D :D
Basil Fawlty (RCB)

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 pm

I was plagued by sound problems. Couldn't hear anything, don't know if anyone could hear me on TS. Couldn't find the usual bunch I fly with and ended up setting off on another server with no sound.

Went south to TP1, back the same way, then past Lesce crossed to the high mountains trying to get high before TP2 so I could get back into the high mountains easily.

Thermalling close to the ridge sound came back at full volume, nearly scared me to death :lol: arms, legs, joystick flew in all directions, just what you need when you are about 10 metres form a mountain, so bang, crash, end of flight for me :cry:

Then BSOD on exit so no IGC to upload, sorry.

Seems I have a loose wire in my headset, see you all Sunday

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:54 pm

:lol: Did you have a webcam running? I'd like to see your reaction :)
A pitty you crashed though.
Think positive, flaps negative.

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, for me almost the same as for all... went south on 1st leg, over Kosuta on the 2nd leg and then left from track climbed on high mountains to turn 2nd tp high and get easy back to them. After passing the highest part it was only a thing of get some height and fly slow and peaceful to tp3 and then to finish. I was doing well, as I was reaching TAZ and 19 (about 0,5km behind) and on same height, but for some reason I thought I wouldn't make the last hill so I diverted to the right trying to get some low ridge lift (maybe 0.4-0.5) to get FG. Wrong assumption and my FG was getting even worst... (negative). So I decided to head the finish and maybe land somewhere very near to the field and as I saw later, this would have had gave me some nice points (around 800). As I saw that it was no way to reach the field (-70m DH under the field) I decided to land, gear out, last water out, no problem. Then the low light environment made his victim: I didn't saw that the field I thought were flat, wasn't... So after touchdown on rolling the glider passed over a subtile ground break and CRASH!!!... And I was only 5,8km from finish :cry: :cry:

Well, next time... :roll:

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

TimKuijpers wrote::lol: Did you have a webcam running? I'd like to see your reaction :)
A pitty you crashed though.
:lol: no webcam unfortunately. It was funny, but yes shame about the crash, looks like my plan to finish might have worked.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Rene, for exactly the same reasons, I landed with gear up. It greatly reduces the chances of crashing when on the ground, as you stop in a couple of meters.

Fransois

Post by Fransois » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi folks,

I added some extra shots on the SBC site http://www.speedbattle-cup.com/pics.php ... day&day=21 (bit late :oops: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 pm

Tonyh wrote:Thermalling close to the ridge sound came back at full volume, nearly scared me to death :lol: arms, legs, joystick flew in all directions, just what you need when you are about 10 metres form a mountain, so bang, crash, end of flight for me :cry:
A bit like Terry's crash except his was caused by his wife :D