Day17 wrong ending.

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

S.Berx

Day17 wrong ending.

Post by S.Berx » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 am

Hi SBC team,

I flew the SBC day 17 today, had some fun and curses, but overcoocked my fg and had to land out 0.74 km outside the finish, 300m infront of the runway. :oops:
I took restart, not knowig this would let me finish the task, just to see if could restart, i couldnt get a pull to the hangars where everybody else was, maybe not the smartest hunch. :roll:
I never intended to end the task this way and thought in no way I would be able to finish in doin so and cheat in that way, thats also why im posting here.
So maybe i could still get the distance points or wichever is decided (crash, noresult for the day,...). I just wanted to play it fair and let you know before someone else brings it up in a cheating context. Sorry for the trouble.
ImageImage

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:15 am

yep saw simon do this and it was no attempt at cheating, he landed before the runway and released almost immediately, he was pretty upset about the landout but was in no way trying to cheat. Bad luck simon.

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:16 am

U Cheater !!!

Nono :) Simon fair guy :D now our ranking will go down :D only 2 belgians finished
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:53 am

I saw the outlanding just before the end of the runway too :lol:

You should get distance points for your outlanding 0.74 km from the finish line, which is what would have happened if you hadn't taken the restart.

andreas.kippnick

Re: Day17 wrong ending.

Post by andreas.kippnick » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:12 am

S.Berx wrote:Hi SBC team,

I flew the SBC day 17 today, had some fun and curses, but overcoocked my fg and had to land out 0.74 km outside the finish, 300m infront of the runway. :oops:
I took restart, not knowig this would let me finish the task, just to see if could restart, i couldnt get a pull to the hangars where everybody else was, maybe not the smartest hunch. :roll:
I never intended to end the task this way and thought in no way I would be able to finish in doin so and cheat in that way, thats also why im posting here.
So maybe i could still get the distance points or wichever is decided (crash, noresult for the day,...). I just wanted to play it fair and let you know before someone else brings it up in a cheating context. Sorry for the trouble.
I have counted distance points for your race. I had a very close look at your IGC at 15:59:49 you Vground was 0.00km/h. Only a few meters away from the finish line. If this would happen in RL pull/push your glider to the finishline :-).

You are really a fair sportsman.
Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

S.Berx

Post by S.Berx » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:24 am

Thanks andreas, and all the others for the testamonies :lol:

still beating my head on the table from that fg... :evil:
Well there's always a next time 8)
ImageImage

Freebird

Post by Freebird » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:14 pm

I wanted to get out & give you a push but unlike SW you cant open the canopy in Condor :)

UWE

cgr

Post by UWE » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Simon, you are a fair Sportsman and Gliderpilot :D

Joost v Veelen

Post by Joost v Veelen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

In the netherlands we've got a rule for our nationals: If you land your plane within the boundaries of the airfield, your landingtime will be your finishtime BUT, you get a 100 penalty...