Day 15! Could not race again! F0

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

fabiogarros

Day 15! Could not race again! F0

Post by fabiogarros » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:23 am

I had to run in the first server because I have a commitment on Thursday!

He was awaiting the departure when a 1 minute of Stop Join had a blue screen!

Unfortunately for the second time this season unable to connect to the server by this unfortunate problem!

I am very disappointed with this! I have prepared me for the races, canceled commitments, and so on. And unfortunately I have stupid for problems like this! Stupid Problems!

- Question for Condor Soaring Team:

Someone could I explain this because to put that rule in the program of Stop Join?

This rule is realemnte necessary? I have already got out of many races because of this stupid rule that it has no sense! What I would benefit if I connect itself after the supposed Stop Join?

The server could easily control the maximum number of tow by competitor if that is the problem! Number fixed by race! Without any problem!

- Question for SBC08 team:

How will be my championship now?
I am really disappointed because I lost the opportunity to possibly win the championship by fleeing to the problems that out my control!

I will not be running in another Time Zone since possibly already have some knowledge about the race???

Will I have to fly this race "offline" with the risk of not being accepted my file IGC?

The game Condor is a wonderful tool for dissemination and training him of our sport! It really is a shame that many of us are going through this kind this problem!

It is very annoying that! Making the right to compete for a pilot is something absurd not to understand how this is happening! Especially in a championship!

Unfortunately with what is happening I am thinking of leaving this championship! Because I am not wanting to waste my time studying and planning as corer the evidence, canceling commitments is not able to complete the race because of the errors! This is disappointing! Frustrated!

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 am

F0, sad to hear you have this problems.

Well, if you keep getting the bluescreen on and on, that's the sign there's something wrong with your system.

Many possibilities: old graphic card drivers, overheating, sound settings ... Do search this forum for blue screen and other errors, and see what others did to cure the problems.

Rules are rules, same for everybody. If it works for hundereds of other players, you'll have to adopt them also. Sad, but true :( :lol:

I know this could be frustrating. Everybody had some problems from time to time, but for me this isn't the reason to leave such great championship as SBC is.

You should, before calling something/somebody stupid, try to do everything possible on your side, to eliminate and cure the problems, specialy if there's no reason to blame somebody else for them. Believe me, nor competition organizers nor Condor team have nothing to do with your blue screen.

On the other hand, if you ask nice for help, here on this forum, there's a lot of nice and friendly people willing to help you.

So, give us some more specifications of your hardware/software, and you'll see somebody will show you the right direction to cure your problems.

Have a nice day.

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Fabio,

I am really sorry, but we have no influence on the bluescreen errors.
Please remember, we only count 50% of the races. Today we have raceday 15 from 44 racedeays, this is not even half of possible days.

As Uros said, there must be a problem with your hardware, do you have a 8800 GTS graphics card? if yes, check that hardware acceleration is not activ, i had problems with bluescreens because of that.

thermal

Post by thermal » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:27 am

Hi Fabio,

I, and I'm sure all competitors feel sorry for your problems.
But, Blue Screens are a local problem, most of the time Hardware related and sometimes software induced.
Also, the cause of the problem may be hard to find.
As UrosM suggested, search the forums.
There are many of these issues reported and solved.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"