Flutter on start

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

JacekJJ

Flutter on start

Post by JacekJJ » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:04 pm

After the race i get this message:
Lukas Chaloupka
"I think you forgot to send your IGC. Sad be fair and do it. I was on server with you when you crashed - act like man please."

I reply:

Hi
Of course i want to be fair, so i was thinking that im gonna have a crash notized anyway. Rules say that if you crash and dont send your igc, the server knows that you crash anyway. Also rules say the if you fly, and land safe but not send your igc you also got a crash.. so when you started race you must send your igc, otherwise you gonna have a crash counted..

I know that since now i dont have a crash in results. Why? Maybe because i tested flutter before the startline, so its not counting?
Of course i cross the startline, but i was alredy dead, with no wings..
But to be fair im gonna send this conversation also to the forum.
Let's see what is right.
Greets

-------------------------
So whats now? I dont have this IGC, didn't save it.
Should i have a crash counted if my sailplane was desintgrated before startline, and cros the startline as a parts?
If Yes please Jury count my crash manualy.

What You say Guys?

Greatings
Jacek Juskowiak

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Just as a reminder of the rules:
3.6 Crashing
If you crash before crossing the startline we won't punish that crash because we can't see that crash at the servers' result CSV. Before a discussion starts that we can parse the logfile and punish the prestartline crashers as well - we won't parse the logfile ever.
and further:
So do use a favour and upload your IGC. Otherwise we don't know your status and have to set your flight as crashed. And if you crash please upload your IGC anyway. This will minimize our workload.
Cya
Last edited by Polewka on Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Lukas Chaloupka

Post by Lukas Chaloupka » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:10 pm

You tested flutter before start but the message JJ crashed was AFTER start message. that´s the point hm.

Maybe fault is my side because aI donť know if crash means the message "tested flutter" or message "crashed"
"Nachystejte uzenáče, na snídani jsem zpátky"

JacekJJ

Post by JacekJJ » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:26 pm

tested flutter means that Your glider is damaged, because of too much speed, and You dont have control over it.
Then this junk's are crossing the startline, but without Your control (only as a ghost outside the glider) and going down to the ground from high altitude, which takes some time.
Then there is message that You crashed.
Greetz

Lukas Chaloupka

Post by Lukas Chaloupka » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:34 pm

Alright I didn ´t realized that crashing means if plane lost wings and no if wreckage meet the land. So everything is ok and I thanks for explanation.
"Nachystejte uzenáče, na snídani jsem zpátky"