Day 8 - Lessons learnt!

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

Icarus

Day 8 - Lessons learnt!

Post by Icarus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:16 am

Probably my best performance so far....except for the crash that it!

Had a good start, then a smooth fast run to the ridges running NE along the lake in the second half of the TP sector. Once on the ridges was doing a good 110-120kts and maintaining altitude. One of those flights you just feel like you're in the groove :)

Turned after 48mins and was just planning on doing the same all the way back, until 20nm from the finish......I didn't even break the aircraft, the belly snagged the ridge in a moment of inattention and I just came skidding to a halt. In RL this would have resulted in a fibreglass suppository :shock:

So today's lesson then is don't fly (especially competition) after 5 glasses of wine, and don't try and give "father in law" a racing strategy lesson when you're doing 120kt next to the ridge ....LOL :)

See you guys on Thursday!

H9

JohnG

Post by JohnG » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:12 am

<<don't try and give "father in law" a racing strategy lesson when you're doing 120kt next to the ridge ....LOL >>

I assume you were just trying to make it look difficult. :roll:

Icarus

Post by Icarus » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:45 am

Hahahaha....no actually it looked too easy, he wanted to have a go!

So I think I served my penance today...feeling like a dickhead over such a stooopid error.

Pressure's starting to mount now, need to finish a few tasks now; I've only got another 17 DNF's before it will affect my points :)

H9