Day 8 -biggest tie I have seen

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:36 pm

because, your start point is always the turnpoint itself.
never a point in the sector.
Leaving this sector/ crossing the line, will only determine the start time, not the start place because that's allready given from the start..

I understand your idea, but it just don't work that way, look when SeeYou scores an AAT.
It will show you your task with the blue lines, look where they start, and where they end..

Same goes for a normal task when you finish 90 degrees from last leg, you will finish 2km before you reach the finish itself.
Still you will get full distance.
That probably is something from way back with foto cameras, but still is there for as long as I can remember.
Think positive, flaps negative.

Joost v Veelen

Post by Joost v Veelen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:20 pm

Ill have a look at it tonight, when i get home.

Krejca

Post by Krejca » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:44 pm

Ok, but why the CTB pictures, which is used for the PDF file at this day is show the max and minimum distance and the points in start and end of sectors isn´t in center. So I thought, that is right in Condor an I started specially for the southwest of sector. It is misquided picture for me.
"Fly fast, live slow"

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

I couldn't answer right away, because I don't use CTB (I guess you mean CTDB).
But I went there and looked what you mean.
And I think the simple answer is because CTDB isn't working right.
http://condor.ephemeride.com/showtask/0/?id=674
If you look at the picture, the max and min distance (I assume those are the blue and orange dots) are incorrect.
Look at sector one.. I don't know how these pictures are generated, but I know that SeeYou does it 'right'

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi,
In the case of this task (it's mine :D) perhaps problem is because sector one is not completly on the map, so, orange and blue dots are in the same place, and it minimize maxi distance ?

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Ok, but another thing that I dont get is why the finish doesn't contain dots..
I think in this CTDB the startsector has different properties then the finish sector.

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:57 pm

Am I correct if I say that maybe the error is that the CTDB calculates the distance and includes the start and finish sectors (and maximizes the distances) in the calculation? In SeeYou in general we use lines as start and finish.

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Polewka wrote:Am I correct if I say that maybe the error is that the CTDB calculates the distance and includes the start and finish sectors (and maximizes the distances) in the calculation? In SeeYou in general we use lines as start and finish.

Cya
I think what you say about CTDB is correct, but in SeeYou, nomatter what start type you use it will always be calculated from the TP itself.

JJay

Post by JJay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:15 pm

cruiser wrote:Sorry to those that I didnt respond on the server (Marek). My keyboard didnt want to work inside of game :roll:
I had the same problem few times, don't know why. Any ideas?
I can use all function keys but after pressing "return" keyboard is dead :|
Image Image

Krejca

Post by Krejca » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Yes Tim, you understood my message. Thx And sorry for CTB, I mean CTDB right.
"Fly fast, live slow"

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:29 pm

TimKuijpers wrote:I think what you say about CTDB is correct, but in SeeYou, nomatter what start type you use it will always be calculated from the TP itself.
Agree 100%, forgot to include that in my post above. Enough hours as scorer on championships to know about it... :wink:

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Santiago Lopez

Post by Santiago Lopez » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:44 pm

For cruiser and JJay:

Check the topic : trouble with keyboard in the support forum

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=5915

In my case, the problem was solved when I uninstalled a Logitech webcam software.

Good Luck!

DND

Re: Day 8 -biggest tie I have seen

Post by DND » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:41 am

thermal wrote:
TimKuijpers wrote: ... no matter how far they flew....
But even then, the scoring looks a bit strange.
If we look at the bottom of the "tie list", one competitor flew 28.3 kms, probably the minimum distance, and returned home safely after 17.5 minutes.
For that, he received 623 points, after a hard day's work. :shock:

Next on the list, the first out-lander, only got 545 points as a reward for his struggle with the elements and after successfully finding a spot to survive in this rather inhospitable area.
BTW, well done all out-landers, and better luck next time.

Life is tough sometimes. :wink:
Well in RL (UK Comp rules) the following applies -

Assigned Area Tasks. Finishers exceeding 2/3 of the greatest marking distance Dmax receive the same distance points as the winner so in this case Pd=Fd. The remainder receive the Day Distance Points Fd multiplied by the ratio of their marking distance (handicapped distance) Dm to 2/3 of the greatest marking distance Dmax.

If Dm <2/3 Dmax then Pd=Fd*Dm / (Dmax*2/3)
so anyone flying 28km would get about 28.3/(2/3*172.6) = 0.245 * the maximum distance points.

Congrats for getting all 620 ! :shock: Next time I'll head back for an early beer as well :idea: :wink:

I think the trick is fly fast or fly the minimum distance as conservatively as you can (where's the yawn icon) :wink:

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:41 am

I think this this tie was an abnormal result of the area being too close to the start/finish point. See results of other AAT tasks and compare.

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

LudaS

Re: Day 8 -biggest tie I have seen

Post by LudaS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:40 pm

DND wrote:
thermal wrote:
TimKuijpers wrote: ... no matter how far they flew....
But even then, the scoring looks a bit strange.
If we look at the bottom of the "tie list", one competitor flew 28.3 kms, probably the minimum distance, and returned home safely after 17.5 minutes.
For that, he received 623 points, after a hard day's work. :shock:

Next on the list, the first out-lander, only got 545 points as a reward for his struggle with the elements and after successfully finding a spot to survive in this rather inhospitable area.
BTW, well done all out-landers, and better luck next time.

Life is tough sometimes. :wink:
Well in RL (UK Comp rules) the following applies -

Assigned Area Tasks. Finishers exceeding 2/3 of the greatest marking distance Dmax receive the same distance points as the winner so in this case Pd=Fd. The remainder receive the Day Distance Points Fd multiplied by the ratio of their marking distance (handicapped distance) Dm to 2/3 of the greatest marking distance Dmax.

If Dm <2/3 Dmax then Pd=Fd*Dm / (Dmax*2/3)
so anyone flying 28km would get about 28.3/(2/3*172.6) = 0.245 * the maximum distance points.

Congrats for getting all 620 ! :shock: Next time I'll head back for an early beer as well :idea: :wink:

I think the trick is fly fast or fly the minimum distance as conservatively as you can (where's the yawn icon) :wink:
I thing that your (DND) rule is the same as FAI rule (FAI sporting code anex A) It is no problem only surprise with diferent rule.