Scenery for day 4 = New Zealand

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

Stefke

Scenery for day 4 = New Zealand

Post by Stefke » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Hi pilots,

day 4 requires the New Zealand scenery made by Wolgang Hake. If you didn't have installed it yet download it here:
http://www.speedbattle.com/mirror.php?id=67

Have fun on day 4 of SBC08 with this beautyful scenery.

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:31 pm

I downloaded the scenery yesterday, but have not installed it yet. Sunday SBC will probably be my first online race with this scenery.

Other posts on this forum indicate a problem with textures and suggest copying folders around. (see http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=7609 )

I'm worried that, if we do it in a different way than it was installed on the SBC servers, that moving these files around could cause errors when joining the game ("Modified Landscape?).

Is there an "Official" procedure to install this scenery? Or even better a way to test that our installations match yours......(a test server maybe?) It would be a shame to be kicked with only few minutes join time left to fix the problem, with no chance to refly.

Or am I talking rubbish? :shock: and these files are not part of the landscape check?

SteveK

Stefke

Post by Stefke » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:33 pm

No problem if you only copy the textures in the right folder.
You can fix the prob also if you change the path in the airportfile, but then maybe you will get the "modified landscape kick".

Copy and paste the folder houses=( ?:\Programme\Condor\World\Textures\houses)

into the folder Textures =(?:\Programme\Condor\Landscapes\NewZealand\World\Textures.

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:43 pm

Two minutes to reply? What took you so long????? :lol: Thanks Stefan.

SteveK
(and thanks for not stressing the fact that I was talking rubbish!)

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 pm

It works fine Steve, I did as Stefan suggests and connected to Wednesday's Aces High task with no problems at all.