Rules question

Moderators: andreas.kippnick, Stefke

swt

Rules question

Post by swt » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:42 pm

Today I crashed ...

I was flying some way behind TP1 because I did not checked its heigth soon enough, so I was too low to reach 0.5 km radiuse turnpoint (would be ok if FAI sectors :P ).

I flew to the hillside to climb on upwind, started to turn right to fly along it, but then I was pushed into hillside without chance to react.

I was not aware there is end of scenery nearby, and was pushed into crash by "end-of-scenery-stop-in-air" effect.

My question is ... will rule about "go out for two races" be applied in this case too? 'cause it's simillar to midair situation.

I think I am punished enough bu not having chance to finish task. I might deseve that for not checking for end-of-scenery, but get rid of three races ... it looks as too much in my eyes as I was not risking plane at all :cry:

(I hope this day will be called out anyway, but better to know how this will be solved in future anyway ...)

sliderG102

Re: Rules question

Post by sliderG102 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:46 pm

swt wrote: (I hope this day will be called out anyway, but better to know how this will be solved in future anyway ...)
i hope that it will be called out anyway...anything else would be very unfair for the players.. but just my 20percent of 10 cents :D :D --> that means : just my 2cents :P

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:56 pm

No frequent flyer eh MH ;)
I do think you are punished enough indeed, hehe
Bad luck, better luck next time.
Think positive, flaps negative.

Haldor

Post by Haldor » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:31 pm

Crash rule is omitted for the first race day due to different server problems.

I outlanded right after last TP when I tried to clear a ridge with insufficient speed to do so. So there I was on the top of the hill.... Ah well...
Haldor
LS6a / LN-GHY
Norway

~~ if this is torture chain me to the wall ~~

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:13 am

I crashed on that ridge on the way to TP2. It was a good task, needed good judgement and decision making approaching the TP's. I got it wrong at both :oops: :lol:

swt

Post by swt » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:04 am

TimKuijpers wrote:No frequent flyer eh MH ;)
I do think you are punished enough indeed, hehe
Bad luck, better luck next time.
Damn, Tim, You nailed me :oops:

bagger

Post by bagger » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:16 am

Hi,
Haldor wrote:Crash rule is omitted for the first race day due to different server problems.

Are you sure??

I have sometimes ping about 4000 and I try start task, but I dont get information in chat about my start. After this problems I looking for reasons in PDA and PING, I lost a ridge thermal and crashed.
To day I'm not sure about my taskstart. After this I try other - late server - but here disconnection:(. What a day!!
Pozdrawiam, Jarek

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:23 am

bagger wrote:Hi,
Haldor wrote:Crash rule is omitted for the first race day due to different server problems.

Are you sure??
Yes we have set out the crash rule for the first day because of the ping/connection problems yesterday.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

bagger

Post by bagger » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:40 am

Hi,
Thank you for answer:)
Pozdrawiam, Jarek