[RELEASED] XP challenge 26 & 27 on Condor Club!

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

BOD1

[RELEASED] XP challenge 26 & 27 on Condor Club!

Post by BOD1 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:26 pm

Like in MMORPG (online role playing games), I'm thinking about creating a "Pilot level" with objectives/tasks to perform and capability tests where each test gives experience points (XP). Difficulty increases at each level and could be considered as a didactic training. Moreover, it adds a new challenge!
Level of pilot could be displayed in badge signature. Some competitions could be done based on this level.
Each level is downloaded as a flight plan and you upload your flight track (FTR) on CTDB for verification.

What's your feeling about this idea?

Here is some tests (parameters are not definitive) for Pilot Level, please feel free to add/insert more tests, I'm looking forward for them!!

1- Simple landing (ASK-13, airborn 300m, no thermal, no wind)
2- Take-off and towing to 300m then landing (ASK-13, tow 300m, no thermal, no wind)
3- Low release and emergency landing (ASK-13, tow 70m, no thermal, no wind)
4- Take-off and landing with strong wind (ASK-13, tow 300m, no thermal, 50km/h wind)
5- Take-off and landing with strong crosswind (ASK-13, tow 300m, no thermal, 50km/h crosswind)

6- Take-off and thermaling to cloud base (ASK-13, tow 500m, strong and wide thermal w. cloud base at 1500m, no wind)
7- Same as #6 + limited time (5 minutes?)
8- Same as #7 but narrow thermals
9- Same as #6 but 30km/h of wind+turbulence
10- Take-off then ridge soaring on short distance (ie 10km) (Standard class, no thermal, 25km/h wind)

11- Winch (no external view), minimal altitude to reach (500m?) and landing (winch, ASK 13, no thermal, no wind)
12- Winch (no external view), cross wind, minimal altitude to reach (500m?) and landing (winch, ASK 13, no thermal, 25km xwind)
13- Same as #11 + thermaling to cloud base (winch, ASK 13, strong and wide thermal-but low activity, no wind)
14- Landing with bad weather conditions (air born 400m, ASK 13, no thermal, 50km/crosswind, severe turbulence)

15- Flaps and water usage, fast zigzag circuit, 40km in less than 10min. (15m class, tow, no thermal, strong wind, ridge)
16- Quick height loss, must lost 1000m in less than 25 seconds (air born 1500m, 15m class, no thermal, no wind)

17- Circuit: triangle 60km of thermaling in less than 30 minutes (15m class, tow 500m, thermal normal activity/width/strengh, no wind)
18- Circuit: 60km of ridges in less than 20 minutes (15m class, tow, no thermal, 30km/h wind)
19- Same type as #16 but with 18m plane, in less than 25 minutes. (18m class, tow 500m, thermal normal activity/width/strengh, no wind)
20- Same as #17 but with open class in less than 15 minutes (open class, tow, no thermal, 30km/h wind)
21- Circuit in mountains with low clouds (15m class)

22- 3 consecutive loops (Fox, Air born, no wind)
23- 3 passes under bridge/warehouse (Fox, Air born, no wind)
24- Precision landing, inside the TP pole (Fox, Air born, no wind)
25- Low pass (ASW 27, Air born, no wind)

26- Towing with open class full of water and strong cross wind (open class, tow, no thermal, 50 km/h xwind)

27- Circuit in cross country with low clouds (ASK13)
28- Circuit with blue thermal, no wind (asw 27)

29- Circuit: Expedition to Mont Blanc (15m class, tow 500, thermal normal activity/width/strengh, 30km/h wind)
29- Distance challenge: best glide with 15m class (airborn, 40km to fly with no thermal/wind)
30- Wave flight

Thierry
Last edited by BOD1 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sopa

Post by Sopa » Thu May 31, 2007 6:38 pm

It's a great idea.

didja

Post by didja » Thu May 31, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi Thierry ! :wink:

I agree the idea, wich I think it's a good one !

But I think, in objective of helping the newbies, it's important don't base competitions on this level... But I think an indication like "level 12 advised" could be a good idea !

A verification of the aptitude of landing in a field is important before flying on a long track...

Rémy

PS : I'm a french high school student, so my English isn't perfect ! :lol:

ybuqc

Post by ybuqc » Thu May 31, 2007 7:50 pm

didja wrote:A verification of the aptitude of landing in a field is important before flying on a long track...
Agree, except that in Condor you can land almost everywhere (unless there are too many trees), which obviously you can't do in RL...
But as long as you can add fun to Condor, I will agree :D

Dom

Post by Dom » Thu May 31, 2007 7:56 pm

Sounds like fun .. :)
CN: VD

M.Wissmann

Post by M.Wissmann » Thu May 31, 2007 8:02 pm

Generally good idea

But first problem:
tasks 1-14 are very boring for people who aren t new to condor

Another problem is the idea to make competitons which are based on the level of the pilots.I think it isnt a good idea
because pilots who aren t as good as other pilots will soon be anoyed because they can t take part at races other can.
Last edited by M.Wissmann on Thu May 31, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Deca

Post by Jan Deca » Thu May 31, 2007 8:13 pm

PS : I'm a french high school student, so my English isn't perfect !
Pas de problème, notre français est même plus pire! 8)

didja

Post by didja » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:18 am

Jan Deca wrote:
PS : I'm a french high school student, so my English isn't perfect !
Pas de problème, notre français est même plus pire! 8)
Thank you, I wish improve my English reading this forum ! :lol:

Rémy
Last edited by didja on Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:51 pm

didja wrote:But I think, in objective of helping the newbies, it's important don't base competitions on this level... But I think an indication like "level 12 advised" could be a good idea !
I was thinking about a championship for beginners (Level xxx and less). For those who want to fly with MC pilots (Master of Condor), they can contact directly them.
didja wrote: A verification of the aptitude of landing in a field is important before flying on a long track...
If your turn the Tree setting in Setup to the lowest value , you can land almost everywhere :)
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:56 pm

M.Wissmann wrote:But first problem:
tasks 1-14 are very boring for people who aren t new to condor
Yupp, I agree, but I could think about giving a minimal level to those who have the diamond badge.
M.Wissmann wrote: Another problem is the idea to make competitons which are based on the level of the pilots.I think it isnt a good idea
because pilots who aren t as good as other pilots will soon be anoyed because they can t take part at races other can.
See my answer above, I think about "Cadet championship", not an "Only Master Championship". Moreover, the race could be open for everyone with a ranking by level!

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Does someone have other tests to suggest? The most the better!

UrosM

Post by UrosM » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:31 pm

Keep it simple, as it is now. Existing badge system is very nice. And there's a lot of competition going on.

If you won't compete with better pilots, you'll never get better. Simple. If you want, you can then compare your results with pilots of similar rank too.

For me, it's the challenge to fly with someone, I know (s)he's a few ranks better than me.

Bu that's just my 2c.

didja

Post by didja » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:33 pm

BOD1 wrote:
didja wrote: A verification of the aptitude of landing in a field is important before flying on a long track...
If your turn the Tree setting in Setup to the lowest value , you can land almost everywhere :)
I'm okay, but it was for comparing real life and simulation : you can't fly across the country if tou haven't an autorisation wich you can got only if your instructor have shown you how you land in country.

Sure, in Condor it isn't too important but it could be an original test ! :D :lol:

About competitions, I'm okay with your explanation, and a chompionship for beginners is a good idea.

And I agree the idea of a ranking by level, it will be a good thing ! :D

Rémy

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:22 pm

BOD1 wrote:Does someone have other tests to suggest? The most the better!
Evaluation of VFR navigation skills : 50km task on ASK-13 without external view :wink:

Olympia

Post by Olympia » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Hmmm. I've flown 500Km in the K13 twice without any map other than the one you get when you set the task.

I guess BOD needs to look at the position of pilots with the Diamonds and big distance diplomas.

Personally I could not see any task which would defeat me in Condor. Not so sure about RL though. :roll:
Old wooden ship pilot
Reg No. 464 (LLC 377)
CN: AW