New kind of tasks for Condor!

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

BOD1

New kind of tasks for Condor!

Post by BOD1 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:46 pm

After the classic tasks, the badges and the diplomas, we offer a new kind of entertainment: the Challenge tasks.

There are 2 types of challenge. Both can be played off-line or on-line and results are published on my site. More over, these tasks can be played as "free flight", which is a good advantage for multiplayer game, you can join whenever you want and try as many times as you wish.

When you think you have accomplish a good performance, go back to task on the site, click on Best performances and send your flight track (.FTR file)!

Height challenge:
In this challenge, you have to climb as high as possible. There is no time limit, you just have to found the best spot. It can be also a winch challenge: how high can you go by winching? The barograph starts at airport altitude, you don't have to mark a 100-meters lost to run it.

Distance challenge:
In this challenge, you have to fly as far as possible from the airport in a given time. The counter starts as soon as you start to take off. Note the time and go!

Note to hosts: As it's a unofficial/unusual way of using Condor, please indicate in taskinfo the goal and the 4-lettters ID of the task (and time limit if necessary).

To see an example: http://condor.ephemeride.com/showtask/0/?id=171 or try the current server "Winch challenge -BOD1"!

Have fun!
Thierry

PS: Happy new year's eve!
Last edited by BOD1 on Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Peter

Post by Peter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:51 pm

Unfortunately, I just found out that the weather conditions are not completely calm in the winch challenge task.

I winched myself up to 1050m, started gliding in my dry '22 towards the northern mountains of lesce bled, and suddenly I found some lift on the sunside of the hills (haven't actually tried the other sides). Very weak lift, but enough to bring me to at least 1215m. The avarage lift was around 0.4m/s. I think you can go up to 2000m this way, but I already got bored.

I don't know how this could happen; thermal activity is set to none, and there is no wind.

Too bad..

Peter.
Peter Millenaar - Dutch Junior Gliding Team
Discus 2a - Y1

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:10 am

Even 2100m, as I just saw...
Peter Millenaar - Dutch Junior Gliding Team
Discus 2a - Y1

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:16 am

That's why I set some penalty zones in the second challenge. Because this way to get a record is not in the idea of the challenge, I (will) delete them.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:42 am

the sun faced ridges get hot enough to create some lift..
Think positive, flaps negative.