Badges and Diplomas

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

thermal

Post by thermal » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:11 am

Olympia wrote: ... only to let people know that we speak with knowledge and authority..
You don't need badges for that...
Knowledge shows...there are enough knowledgeable members here to judge that.
Authority grows, over time leading to admiration or even worshiping ... :D
By now, there won't be many forum members who don't recognize your knowledge.
The growing part comes natural. :wink:
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

ghrasko

Post by ghrasko » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:22 am

Hi,

How (where to) should I send the jpegs for the Silver badge distance validation? My height and duration test is aproved already. If I have to send the jpegs to an email address, then should I attach the track file also?

Gabor

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:58 am

Hi Gabor,

To validate any tests, you must send your FTR file as you already did for height and duration.

Screenshots are taken to start task in Condor and validate TP.
To be sure you were successful, did you see "xxx started task" and "xxx finished task" with applause?

Thierry
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

ghrasko

Post by ghrasko » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:50 pm

Hi Thierry,

thanks, I did not know this. Just to be absolutely sure: Is it by pressing "S" ("screenshot" in assign control dialog screen)?

I did this and I had not seen the "Task started" message, though I was in the "green" area. I realized that the pole did not changed from red-yellow to white-yellow and the next TP was still red-white. So obviously I made something wrong. I guess I was flying through the green area correctly, but at the very time I made the snapshot I had already left it (it was not a circular one, it was the 1st point of the West Swiss ridge task for the Silver badge: CHARRAT).

Let's fly it again for the Silver badge!

Thanks for this nice badge system,
Gabor

ghrasko

Post by ghrasko » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:47 pm

ghrasko wrote:I guess I was flying through the green area correctly, but at the very time I made the snapshot I had already left it.
Yes, that was the problem. Now I succeeded as it can be seen from my signature below :)

Gabor

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Congrats!!!

ImageImageImage

Will we have champagne to celebrate this? :)

ghrasko

Post by ghrasko » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:56 pm

BOD1 wrote:Will we have champagne to celebrate this?
Well, this was quite easy even for a beginner like me (am am trained only on FS so far). As I checked the gold badge flight plans it is quite obvious that I should make some strong trainings now :)

Let's have the champagne when I will be in Paris at the end of this month!

Thanks again for the badge system!

Gabor

RAF_Chalky

Post by RAF_Chalky » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi there,

I'm completely new to CONDOR, having recently 'converted' from IL2.
Great game by the way.

I've obtained distance and duration flights for my Silver badge without any problems, but I am sadly having a struggle to obtain the gain of height?

Silly question:
Do I have to gain 1000m (3281ft) in one thermal? Presumedly I do. I understand that I have to descend 100m to mark the barograph.

The map I'm using, I have D/L'd from condor.ephemeride.com 'Silver badge examination'.

I enter cloud before I am able to gain 1000m!
Sorry if I am missing something here!!!

The highest gain of height I've obtained so far is only 833m (2733ft) which is obviously not enough :(

Cheers,
Chalky

BOD1 wrote:For the gain of height: to start my altimeter checker, you have to lost 100m (just after release is probably better)
Hint: Look at which altitude you are released, seek a thermal, as soon as it is found go down to reach the altitude of release minus 100m and center the thermal.

"A checkride ought to be like a skirt, short enough to be interesting but still be long enough to cover everything." ;)

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:40 pm

It's the max altitude you got during your whole flight, so you can seek for another thermal or ridge/wave!

Thierry

RAF_Chalky

Post by RAF_Chalky » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:46 pm

BOD1 wrote:It's the max altitude you got during your whole flight, so you can seek for another thermal or ridge/wave!

Thierry
Merci ! Thierry

"A checkride ought to be like a skirt, short enough to be interesting but still be long enough to cover everything." ;)

Bulau

Post by Bulau » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:55 pm

To clarify the requirements:

Turnpoint helpers allowed (to compensate the lack of map, silver badge only)
No PDA (silver badge only)

I interpret this to mean, for silver badge attempts, you may NOT use PDA, but you MAY use turnpoint helpers....correct?

[Edit] Ok, just loaded up a silver badge task from the database, and can see that the above is already set up on the NOTAM tab.
Last edited by Bulau on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 am

That's correct!

Good luck for silver badge!

Bulau

Post by Bulau » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:00 pm

When I submitted my flight track for validation, I was not asked for the start point photo, which I thought was required. Regardless, the track was approved and I was given the silver badge.

In retrospect, I'm not sure I took the photo correctly. In real life, it would be acceptable, as I was in the triangle sector, however, I snapped it before the "...has started task" message appeared. Is that important for future badge attempts? I also photographed the finish, but I understand that is never required.

[Edit] Nevermind...I watched the video, and now see that pressing the 'S' key to snap the photo triggers the message "D. Bulau has started task." but the message itself does not get captured in the screenshot.

*Note to self: Stay out of clouds!!!*

matphoenix

D'OH!

Post by matphoenix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 pm

I hope someone can help me.

I just flew for my Diamonds badge and passed all requirements!! :D

However, when i went to validate the flight, the only thing that was rejected was the date that i changed before i started my flight :cry:

Can i somehow get this flight validated, or do i just have to fly it again (because of my ow stupid fault!?) :oops:

matphoenix[/img]

LEAN

Post by LEAN » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Yes you have 8) Sorry :P
To change parameters is not allowed, you can only choose your glider in authorized category.