Badges and Diplomas

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

BOD1

Badges and Diplomas

Post by BOD1 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:02 am

Hi!
I am proud to announce that I have just obtained my Silver badge on Condor!

To get yours, go on Condor Tasks Database website, in Badges and Diplomas section.

Download a task specially crafted for badges and fly it! When you have accomplished one or more tests, go back on the site and upload your FTR for validation.

For the duration test: I count the time between takeoff and landing (and not from Start TP and Finish TP). So, free flight is accepted to obtain a duration performance (but it is necessary to make this free flight on the downloaded task).

For the gain of height: to start my altimeter checker, you have to lost 100m (just after release is probably better)
Hint: Look at which altitude you are released, seek a thermal, as soon as it is found go down to reach the altitude of release minus 100m and center the thermal.

For the distance, no secret, you take a snapshot of the TP (look at your left wing, show the TP bottom and press S) and you fly to the finish line.

Currently, only one task is available, for Silver badge. But you are cordially invited to create some! The realism conditions are indicated on the site.

Silver badge requires ASK13
Gold badge requires standard planes
Diamond and distance: no plane restriction

Good luck!
Thierry
Last edited by BOD1 on Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b0dek

Post by b0dek » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:32 pm

It should be in one flight or i can make 3 flights. In first - time, second - height and third - 50km ?

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:39 pm

You can perform any tests during your flight. You can try as much as you want. You can fly 3 times the same task and perform one different test each time, or all of them in one flight.

Thierry

MosGuy

Post by MosGuy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:46 am

b0dek wrote:It should be in one flight or i can make 3 flights. In first - time, second - height and third - 50km ?
In real life most do them in stages; completing all in one flight is very challenging. Though I did my Condor 3 diamond all in the same flight using wave. My feet were pretty numb planted on the rudders for 5 hours straight. If I did it again I'd probably do it in stages :D
Rick Blythin

Jonas Flightvision

Post by Jonas Flightvision » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 am

Hei MosGuy, you got the "Purple Haze" badges 8)
JEF

MosGuy

Post by MosGuy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:38 pm

Jonas Flightvision wrote:Hei MosGuy, you got the "Purple Haze" badges 8)
Yeah these were the original Condor badges I created several months back. I had the idea on and off for over a year to create a badge system. But due to work I just never got the time to sit and work on the project. I played around with various colours but decided to stick with the original FAI colour. Technically mine aren't 'official', but until I meet all the requirements for a badge I won't present myself with one so the end result is the same :). I've never been keen on the FAI look plus I wanted to Condor-ize them so they were slightly unique. I've been thinking doing a 1500 or 2000 k task to really test my endurance & push the Silent Wings official record. I just need to find a day I can spare 10-22 hours to attempt it :D
Rick Blythin

dr.phees

Post by dr.phees » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:04 pm

I'm having problems with the badge system on the tasks database site.
I released the tug at 14:06 or 07, landed at 15:09 and it told me, my flight time was 1:23 short (for silverbadge).
I thought, I made an mistake with the time and flew again.
Next try I flew a bit longer and came out 25 seconds short.
Argh.

With my first flight I wanted to finish the silver badge in one flight, now I will have to fly around another hour.

Are there problems with the time-counting? As I understood, it counts from start to landing, but that doesn't work for me.
-- www.phees.de --
reg: D-PHEES comp: DPH
Imagev1.9 Imagev1.9

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Hmmm, that's weird... Could you send me the FTR file to webmaster arobase ephemeride dot com please?

Thx!
Thierry
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:02 pm

10 pilots graduated already 8)

http://condor.ephemeride.com/graduate/150/

Who's next :?:

Tommyboy

Post by Tommyboy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:15 pm

I have the same problem as Dr Phees it's really weird

dr.phees

Post by dr.phees » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:00 am

Solved it by flying a good piece longer than needed. That did it:)
-- www.phees.de --
Imagev1.9 Imagev1.9

dr.phees

Post by dr.phees » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:11 am

Maybe the badges, given on the task database site should be the badges made by "MosGuy" (if it is ok for him), 'cause, well, they are condor badges, you know :)

@Mosguy: Can I use your badges?
-- www.phees.de --
Imagev1.9 Imagev1.9

xiff

Post by xiff » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:07 am

MosGuy wrote:
Jonas Flightvision wrote:Hei MosGuy, you got the "Purple Haze" badges 8)
I've been thinking doing a 1500 or 2000 k task to really test my endurance & push the Silent Wings official record. I just need to find a day I can spare 10-22 hours to attempt it :D
I start monday a task of 2017km :) at 9am (gmt+1)
task :
8)
take a look on your sponsoring page ;)

MosGuy

Post by MosGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:56 am

xiff wrote: I start monday a task of 2017km :) at 9am (gmt+1)
Very nice :), if anyone completes it they should give official results to the site that published the SW article. I know many have matched the Silent Wings distance, but no one has sent anything publically. It might start a friendly competition between the two sims :D.

@dr.phees: You can use my badge. If the majority of people prefer mine to be the official ones. I can send a ZIP file to BOD1 for official use. A poll should probably be set-up to see which people prefer though. Until then I'll give permission on an individual basis. Anyone that wants to use mine PM me first.
Rick Blythin

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:44 am

xiff if you are interested i would quite happily fly it online with you :)