where is my flight tracks folder???

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

Bravo Zulu

where is my flight tracks folder???

Post by Bravo Zulu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:09 pm

I just loaded my Condor onto a new computer and it runs normally up to the point that i want to access my flight tracks folder and my flight plans. After saving both on exiting Condor, I go to the default location and both folders are empty. I did a search for the file name AV161125AA and after a looooong search, the file is located in "(c:\user\admin\appdata\loca\virtural storage\program files (x86)\condor)." I have found no way to get there but by the "search" and I don't know how to change it. How do I get Condor to put those files in the default directory?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: where is my flight tracks folder???

Post by EDB » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 pm

If in Windows 7 or up a program doesn't have sufficient rights, then windows will store changes in the Virtual Store.

"%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore" and deeper ("C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Condor" for example). Just add the folders in a Library and you will get there fast. You can copy-paste those Links in you Explorer BTW.

Other options are to install Condor outside the Program Files folder or run Condor as an Admin. Or give your current user an admin status.

My advice is just to use a Library link. But you are free to choose what you want...

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... s.10).aspx
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10283/un ... windows-7/

Bravo Zulu

Re: where is my flight tracks folder???

Post by Bravo Zulu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks for the help.

This is what my path looks like now: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Condor, although I had to type in Appdata. It did not show up in the directory. The syntax is important to getting there. I found it useful to do one step at a time C:\users then enter and at the end of the string I added the next one until i got to the end. (I add this for people like me that do not know much about how these things work.) You smart guys can stop reading before you get this far. lol