Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

robertcs49

Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range

Post by robertcs49 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:55 pm

What gives with this?:

Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range. The flight plan (.FPL file) has been manually edited by the task setter or the host!

I got this when I tried to upload to Condor Club the .ftr for LNS-319, consequently no credit. Mad

This happened before, recently, can someone give an explanation; and maybe something can be done to avoid this from happening in the future.

Bravo Zulu

Re: Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range

Post by Bravo Zulu » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 pm

There could be other explanations, but when I have gotten that message, the task setter had modified the parameters of the task beyond normal. Assigned Area Task is one possible example. Some tasks have huge wind set in the task. I suggest you check the tasks when this occurs. There is nothing that you can do about the warning. You just cannot claim the flight in the Condor-club pilot log.

robertcs49

Re: Warning: Task parameters are out of Condor's range

Post by robertcs49 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:03 am

I contacted BOD1 quite some time ago about the refusals to upload and not long ago he replied asking me to send him the offending .fpl's and .ftr's and he would have a look at them to see if he can find a reason for it. I sent him two more since including Moriarty, USNS 1727 which was the last one I attempted. This was his reply:

The thermal activity is set to higher value than authorized by Condor. That's why I reject the FTR.
The FPL doesn't come from Condor Club (it would have been rejected too), so you should ask to MNS organizer to stop hacking settings.

Cheers,
Thierry
Last edited by BOD1 on Thu May 11, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Obfuscating name