Website Infected With Counterflix

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

robertcs49

Website Infected With Counterflix

Post by robertcs49 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Opened the website last night and found it to be taken over by Counterflix in the usual ad areas as well as others and also reimageplus dot com. I get the same results with Gliderracing.com also. I have run various programs to get rid of them and gone through various procedures to find them. Discussed it with my computer tech guy and his conclusion is that it is not on the computer but the web page itself.

It would not surprise me if this stuff didn't get drug in on some of the ads that have peppered the pages. I have thought since I first started using the site that some of the ads were inappropriate if not sleazy and deleted them with that comment.

robertcs49

Re: Website Infected With Counterflix

Post by robertcs49 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Well I don't know how it got to me but I finally figured out what to do about Counterflix.com. To start I tried to use Kaspersky to take care of it and they didn't. Got rid of the program. It really was simple, there is stuff all over the searches about it and how it reassigns your DNS address to their own and have control. I finally learned how to set the proper address for my provider and made it static; so hopefully this won't happen again. What a nightmare, I couldn't do anything on nearly any website with a bunch of popups for computer security software of all things.

robertcs49

Post by robertcs49 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:47 pm

UPDATE II:
Having discovered that Counterflix alters the DNS address and take control then learning how to set it myself statically to my own provider's, things were improved. I went on the McAfee forum and there was someone with the exact problem and on the recommendations of a McAfee forum moderator, I ran three different malware programs that did the trick. There were over 350 various items in the registry and elsewhere, gad; and I dumped Kaspersky and for better or worse went back to McAfee.

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:14 am

I don't think Condor Club is related with your case.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:00 pm

robertcs49 wrote:UPDATE II:
Having discovered that Counterflix alters the DNS address and take control then learning how to set it myself statically to my own provider's, things were improved. I went on the McAfee forum and there was someone with the exact problem and on the recommendations of a McAfee forum moderator, I ran three different malware programs that did the trick. There were over 350 various items in the registry and elsewhere, gad; and I dumped Kaspersky and for better or worse went back to McAfee.
AVG.

I've been using AVG Free for 15 years now, and never had problems of any kind. I have seen warnings from it, but nothing got through.

I use Chrome for browsing with Adblock and Ghostery plugins.

I don't use any kind of firewall either..
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

robertcs49

Post by robertcs49 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 am

BOD1 wrote:I don't think Condor Club is related with your case.
I'm sorry if my post came across as an implication. In point of fact, if I didn't mention earlier, in the conversation with my computer tech, he did not believe that it had anything to do with the website itself. I was just curious if anyone else had similar problems as a means of troubleshooting.