Joining a race

Tasks database, etc.

Moderator: BOD1

tomjjb

Joining a race

Post by tomjjb » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi all....is there a tutorial somewhere in this forum as how to join a race? I tried today to participate in Slovenia Cup but didn't manage to do it. I registered and received a briefing with Network ID and password but didn't know what to do with it. I thought that flight plan would be available for downloading but it was not. Perhaps somebody will be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Joining a race

Post by EDB » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 pm

At the join-time that is reported in the briefing you can find the competition server(s) here : http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlist.php
Then click on a competition server and Condor will start-up into that server. Enter the server password and you can join...

tomjjb

Post by tomjjb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:14 am

Thank you very much for the information. Briefing however does not give me server name but a network by the name of EWUSE. I don't know how are networks and servers related.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:46 am

Maybe that competition is running in a different fashion. I don't participate and haven't seen the briefing you've got.
Maybe you had to enter Multiplayer and enter an IP adress there...(?)

Ask the Organizers : http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/204/?id=244
Organisatoren: Ramiro rico and Marcelo

Click on the envelopes and sent them your question.

In most competitions they give a hint in Competitiedetails how servers will be named. In most cases you can guess. They mostly use some sort of competition naming in the server names... (Duhhh..) and with the scenery used and server starttime (in UTC!) you can narrow your search in the list. If the servers weren't in that serverlist at the given time then ask the organizers...

They have flown BTW : http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/besttimes/0/?id=9229

tomjjb

Post by tomjjb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:42 pm

I contacted one of the organizers who pointed me to the same server site as you did and said he can't help any further. Wen I click on any server on the long list I got a return asking to go to the Store (Windows10) and find application to open it. Did I understand correctly that clicking on server opens Condor sim? I tried with Condor open with the same result. On the other hand if I select default settings on multiplayer dialog my scenery page got a box "join the server" and when starting a flight there is a multi icon showing on right upper corner of my monitor. It looks like I have a problem that may take some time to resolve.

Thanks, will try again tomorrow.

EDB

Post by EDB » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 pm

tomjjb wrote:Did I understand correctly that clicking on server opens Condor sim? I tried with Condor open with the same result. On the other hand if I select default settings on multiplayer dialog my scenery page got a box "join the server" and when starting a flight there is a multi icon showing on right upper corner of my monitor.
Yes, Clicking on the servername will open Condor in Multiplayer (if Condor is installed correctly). Then enter a password if needed and click join. That's it...

And if you have seen the multiplayer sign in the right top corner, your in...

phil_delaine

Post by phil_delaine » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi,
I guess that your registry is not correctly set up. Try this :
Create a text file named "cndr.txt" containing :

"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cndr\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Condor\\Condor.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cndr\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cndr\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cndr\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Condor\\Condor.exe\" \"%1\""

Replace accordingly with your Condor executable path and be careful with all special characters.
Save it, rename it as "cndr.reg" and double click it. The registry will be updated.
Hopefully you will join a race :D
Join Condor Café at http://condor-velivole.eu/

tomjjb

Post by tomjjb » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:57 pm

I tried to edit registry according to your suggestion and that is what I got:

[Window Title]
Registry Editor

[Content]
Cannot import C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cndr.reg: The specified file is not a registry script.
You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

Any suggestions?

phil_delaine

Post by phil_delaine » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:49 pm

No, sorry. Everything seems to go the wrong way in your computer :(
May be somebody else could.
Join Condor Café at http://condor-velivole.eu/

EDB

Post by EDB » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:57 am

tomjjb wrote:Wen I click on any server on the long list I got a return asking to go to the Store (Windows10) and find application to open it.
So have you or have you not selected the Condor.exe in this action..?
The next time you try to connect to a server by clicking on the servername and your browser again asks which application should be used then search the Condor.exe and select it. Then all will be fine.

EDB

Post by EDB » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:05 am

Which browser are you using? If you use FireFox then this reply may help you if you :
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 52#p145752

Search for the "cndr" "Content Type" and then search and select the "Condor.exe" as the "Action".

tomjjb

Post by tomjjb » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Will try to join today from multiplayer dialog box. Waiting now to see what server they use.

tomjjb

Post by tomjjb » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 pm

I give up...for the time being anyway. I copied the link from server list and pasted it into multiplayer box and put in the password provided. The result: Host not found.

Thank you very much for your help.
Perhaps I will have a better luck next time I try.

EDB

Post by EDB » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:26 pm

tomjjb wrote:I give up...for the time being anyway. I copied the link from server list and pasted it into multiplayer box and put in the password provided. The result: Host not found.

Thank you very much for your help.
Perhaps I will have a better luck next time I try.
That can't work.
In Multiplayer you can however enter an IP adress and the portnumber of the server if you know it. But I don't think you have that IP adress and Portnumber...

The browser needs to know what to do with the command given when clicking on the servername in the serverlist. That's it. Just guide it to the Condor.exe ones. By default it is better the have Condor closed when you do this, because Condor can't start two times.