Day9

Redich

Re: task day 9

Post by Redich » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Mosquito S9 wrote:hello like this tasks. and its a task near on the reality ;) . Because many pilots was flown 500km in the bleckforrest this winter on the 25.12.08. also what is the problem this is a task of taktik and not for speed ;) . and skyrace is a match . the best will be win the task .this is the rule. and there was no problem to finish the task . i get last alt on the big hill after tp 1 on the first leg. up to 2400m and then i glide some km with 112 km with some plus so i can get 140m above final glide with mc 1.3 and then gooo . it was not a to fly up on the ridges. also come one FUN FUN FUN .
Of cause a big CG to you - but no this task was not anyway near a real competition task in real life IMHO - but hey that just my humble opinion
:) I have flown 20 years my self but in that period I still made many errors and have sure made some also here. If this task was made in a real competition I guess I not have started.

The FUN in my opinion comes with the speed you can "tactically ;)" squish out from thermals from a task - but hey that’s just my liking.

Mosquito S9

Post by Mosquito S9 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:53 pm

hey okay its right anybody has this own oppinion i think so and you so . but you can win 1000pkt or get some when you start or lost at minute 0 1000 pkt so this is the question in germany we sad :who has not ventured nothing gained i hope it is the right translation . but now is the question who is right we will see it on the next task ^^. and come one its only fun not so strange here ^^.

Bl4ckhawk

Post by Bl4ckhawk » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 pm

If this task was made in a real competition I guess I not have started.
shure... that is your descicion but we`re flying here condor and there you wouldn`t mind on a broken wing....
Reg: D-2899
CN : "RMM"

"Kleine Kühe - grosse Platzrunde; grosse Kühe - kleine Platzrunde!"

Post by 66 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:15 am

Skyrace's bad ghost reach my machine...
After a long ridge flying the winblowes blue death come....
Congrat to all finishers.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:32 am

Started out perfect, but as I was alone on track, there were probably faster guys behind. Then made a mistake and didnt stop to climb in the higher hills after tp1, hoping that I could climb while going straight. There was no more lift and at 30kmfrom home, I had -150m at MC0 Flying carefully, taking every positive movement of air, I managed to come over the finish line, with the wheel rolling :lol:

UWE

Post by UWE » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:50 am

Cgr to the Tasksetter - a real Blackwood East-Wave Task. The Waves were on the same positions as in real - great

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:05 am

00:00 Server is on serverlist but when trying to join: "host not found" :(

Help !!

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Jerry

Post by Jerry » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 am

Yes me too!!!!!!!! :cry:

Post by 22 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 am

well. bad port setting on that server, fixed now..

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:11 am

Thx MArek !! :D

CYa

P.S.: and thx guys for the hints for the task ! :twisted: (kidding)
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:21 am

Looks like the tasksetter hasn't read this topic: http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=9946 :?

Absolutely no idea where to find wave after half of 1st leg, landed 7,85km from finish after 4 hrs flight... :roll: Should have passed this one...

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Redich

Post by Redich » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 am

Mosquito S9 wrote: and come one its only fun not so strange here ^^.
This is what I was trying pointing out here - To have fun . . . Read on plz and follow the link :wink:
Polewka wrote:Looks like the tasksetter hasn't read this topic: http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=9946 :?

Absolutely no idea where to find wave after half of 1st leg, landed 7,85km from finish after 4 hrs flight... :roll: Should have passed this one...

Cya
No need for me to stamp more on this issue - fox9 said it all, could not have said better my self. Thx for the link Polewka :)

Oh just one more thing. Experienced pilots should not feel it’s dull to fly a task he or she can finish with very high speeds – this is what it all about in the first place!! I here talking about “the dull countryside normal thermal flying” ;)

Let say you feel it very easy on a task then of cause you know many good pilots also feel it this way then you (I know I do) should feel the trill on doing all things to perfection and still maybe go in as number uno. I do not feel the trill if I was the only one who could complete a task and see many or all others crashed or out landed. . . Then I only feel I was lucky!!!

Regards (48 )
Last edited by Redich on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mosquito S9

Post by Mosquito S9 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:01 am

oh man. I slowly get a crisis. I fly condor already been 3 years and had immediately started with the LLC. on the first day and the next days i dont finish the tasks . But then if the feeling of happiness when you finish , is much nicer. either you want to fly a competition or in a baby group,then is skyrace the wrong point. it has never been so in life you can do and the fun of living makes it a matter of simply something you should practice. then you have experiance. it is not exercise with the condor weather model clearly intended to come to know it. So dont suggests ,looks into the future which makes it even better when you can estimate the weather the task. . I always thought the German are the world is sooo bad . so end now for me . see ya on next task

Redich

Post by Redich » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:45 am

Bl4ckhawk wrote:
If this task was made in a real competition I guess I not have started.
shure... that is your descicion but we`re flying here condor and there you wouldn`t mind on a broken wing....
I guess I already had my share of ”broken wings” in here :? But this because I feel I have to take HUGE risk from time to time just to compete in Condor. In my real 20 years flying I had zero damage and was still pretty okay competitive.

Regards (48 )

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:51 am

The tasksetter's thoughts: :wink:
I made the task about 3 weeks ago. My intention was to have finally a wave task again as with the last patches (some years ago :wink: ) the devs almost made it impossible to set tasks without penaltyzones where wave is the best way to fly. After some great wave days this winter in that area I tried to make a task where wave is the fastest option and which isn't too unrealistic...I never flew the black forest wave in RL but I think it wasn't too bad (and please don't tell me that flying a 200km task in such conditions is unrealistic: OLC ).
Of course I won't always make wave tasks (it is almost impossible in most areas anyway) but it is part of gliding and thus part of Condor and if you know where to search for the wave in Condor it is even a very simple task.
And yes, I read F9's topic and although I made all SR tasks we flew so far before that topic started I think I didn't act against it too often.
What F9 claims it shouldn't be unrealistic and doable for most. OK if you don't know Condor waves this task was very hard, but even some pilots rather new to Condor managed that yesterday, I think the main problem is that almost none of the Condor pilots practice to fly wave...
And it was neither unrealistic nor very crash-supporting (In wave you were about 1500m away from the trees and you had to cross mountains more than 1500m lower than the base of most waves...)
About the tasks before:
Day 1 was doable without crossing ridges with front-wind
D2 was none of my best tasks I must admit but the fast pilots flew without crossing the high mountains
D3...
D4 was hard but at the parts were you had to cross high mountains you had 30km/h wind from behind
D5 cloudbase was much higher than the ridges
D6 was maybe a bit too hard, but no high ridges with frontwind
D7 was again not too good in safety aspects, but still you could get under top5 without clodflying/crossing ridges close to cloudbase without wind from behind
D8 there were no high mountains at all.
If you don't agree please tell me, it's just how I saw tasks so far.
About the "dull" flatland tasks. Don't worry I still got a few planned for this SkyRace, my personal problem about flatland tasks in Condor is that in most sceneries the flatland is absolutely boaring. Milos' sceneries are the fortunate exceptions and Slovenia is great for me/some others as we know about every field from the great LLC times. An LLC task would be great here but unfortunately I don't have them anymore. In most other sceneries one flatland part looks like the other which is quite boaring (at least for me). So there'll be some flatland tasks (probably in Slovakia and CZ, maybe HW and also Slovenia) in SkyRace09 but don't expect it to be the "normal" case. SkyRace had always been infamous for it's tasks and I guess that'll never change, but I'll do my best to make it interesting for all.