SR08/09 Day6

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:18 am

22 wrote:hehe, thx Rene, in addition I am in finish :lol: amazing task but bloody hard!
Me too, but was so slow I can't upload my IGC now, all I get is the briefing page there, so here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tonyh on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 66 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:18 am

IGC uploading dose not work, it's linked to the briefining page.

Pityesz

Post by Pityesz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:19 am

Same problem at me.

Pityesz

Post by Pityesz » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:25 am

I also couldn't upload my IGC so here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by 66 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 am

here is mine.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:40 am

me too here is mine

Redich

Post by Redich » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:43 am

Hi 22 and all :)

I had to make a out landing about 70 clicks out and was a kind of p... off on u'r task setters :x . . . was calling this task only for the long ears, not for standard class. Of cause I was trying after for my own in free flight to maybe learn something :? and of cause I made it all the way home at close to 80 in avg. . . . so pardon my fault :oops: this was indeed a very sneaky standard task - a very fine task more of these plz - maybe I learn something on the way :roll:

Kind regards
B. Jensen (CN= 48 )

3P

Post by 3P » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:47 am

Redich wrote:I had to make a out landing about 70 clicks out and was a kind of p... off on u'r task setters :x . . . was calling this task only for the long ears, not for standard class.
this task was very hard, but sure is flyable by STD class... and some races are so, very hard... good for learning. not automatically turning +5 every CU...

Post by 22 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:56 am

hmm, sry I was making any changes in "timeControl" script..I think its working now..Let me know if there is still problem.. :x

Redich

Post by Redich » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:02 am

3P wrote:
Redich wrote:I had to make a out landing about 70 clicks out and was a kind of p... off on u'r task setters :x . . . was calling this task only for the long ears, not for standard class.
this task was very hard, but sure is flyable by STD class... and some races are so, very hard... good for learning. not automatically turning +5 every CU...
honest I was most P... on my self - but human nature . . . It's of cause always not u'r own fault but all others fault :wink:

As I also wrote I had to prove me wrong and admit it was also for STD class. I will love to have more of these task types.

B. Jensen

Post by 22 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am

yes, as I said...it was really hard job today, but our wheater man is calling better conditions for next Friday already now :lol:

Redich

Post by Redich » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:24 am

22 wrote:yes, as I said...it was really hard job today, but our wheater man is calling better conditions for next Friday already now :lol:
Okay so I will do some traning for better conditions also :)

And again just for the record 22 - it was a very fine task today . . . just me who could't behave :roll:

Now I will "climb up" . . . into my bed!!

Regards

Jack Hart

Post by Jack Hart » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:03 am

I won't comment on the quality of this task other than to observe that for Standard class it was a whole order of magnitude more difficult than for open or some of the other big wings with flaps. It would be nice if the task setter had a little mercy on Standard once in awhile.

My main purpose in this post is not to complain, but to point out is that this task and many of the previous Sky Race tasks eat up a LOT of time, easily 3 or 4 hours with all things considered. Frequently I just don't have that much time that I can devote to online games in one sitting. I'm old, I have to pee a lot, and I have a wife with no sense of humor.

Would it be possible to shorten join time, start-in time, and the start window? How about air starts? They definitely get things moving quicker. Anything to move things along faster would be greatly appreciated.

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:21 am

In this particular issue I must agree with JH, apart the task in NZ, most of the other tasks were more tasks for the long ears... I'm not complaining at all, as I'm flying one... :D This task had a tricky last leg and I flew too slow the others just to be prepared for the last one and what happened? I was very low 25km before Rieti and I hit a ridge thermal (at a 100m ridge...) that gave me about 2.1m/s and almost put me on FG, but ended before... :( Then it was only a jump to the last ridge and finally home (avg 96km/h)

Unfortunately one solution could be AAT tasks, but it goes against the spirit of SR (have your result when you leave the server) and if we don't have automation (like we had in SBC) this is a tremendous workload. So this is a no go.

I don't know if shortening the times would help that much, but I can be wrong, as I almost only have the experience on empty servers (where the times are way TOO long... :) ). JH and 22 have the experience of MNS with full servers. JH's opinion we already know, so what is your opinion Marek? Having all this together Karsten have to decide if something have to be changed (don't be afraid of making changes, even good things can change, for better).

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Post by 22 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:42 am

My opinion?
I think we made mistake with opening standard class. Its really hard will make common task for all classes. Solvent for this would can be SH's MAT task, but for ppl without external PDA it is big disadvantage. Same for AAT tasks.
So we have only two regular way, how we can solve this for future.
1) Special task and server for Standard class
2) Using last TP as finish for standard and scoring Standard class only from IGC. But it will needs any special mod in SCI for scoring such finish.

But I am not sure if is it possible..Helmut?

No other idea now... :?