Skyrace 08/09

kaleu

Skyrace 08/09

Post by kaleu » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi guys,

as Marek already posted on the Multiplayer forum SkyRace registration is now possible at the CRC.

We'll fly in 4 classes (Open, 18m, 15m and Std.) using all class servers and probably 2 timezones (which hopefully can be chosen in a few hours).
So in future it'll take until last server stops until final results will be ready, but therefore you can also fly with pilots from other classes, we don't have to use as many servers as last years and we hope to have fuller servers now, which should increase fun, which is still the most important thing.

On friday we'll have a training flight and next week the competition will finally start, thanks to the great help of Marek :)

If you have any questions or comments please post them here :wink: .

TimKuijpers

Post by TimKuijpers » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:41 pm

comment: Nice :)
Think positive, flaps negative.

Cumulus7

Post by Cumulus7 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 pm

TimKuijpers wrote:comment: Nice :)
I 2nd that opinion!
Yipppeeee... finally a competition.... (i missed Kaesemanns... and only MNS is "not enough" :-) )

CU
Markus

Leroy Brown

Post by Leroy Brown » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:06 pm

CRC registration is done, hesitating on class. :)

What dose all class server means? All classes flying in the same server but different task?

84D
RN# LB-BAD
CN# 84D

Post by 22 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm

same task for all, only you have to choose right class before start. Bad class choosing mean no points for you.

list of registered pilots is here: http://81.27.199.58/skyrace/pilots.php
this address is temporary so dont bookmark it yet.

bodhi1985

Post by bodhi1985 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:55 pm

4.4 Scoring formula - Average scoring system / © SC Team

Formula: S = Ptot/(N + No)

where:

S = Overall score
Ptot = Total points
N = 10
No = Number of flights over N

For example, Pilot 1 scores very well on each race day, usually getting around 950 points per task, but only flies 10 tasks for an overall total of 9,500 points. His Individual score is then 950 pts.

Pilot 2 is not quite as fast overall, with regular scores around 800 points per task. He flies 14 tasks for an overall total of 9,600 points, but his Individual score is 800pts. Pilot 2 has beaten Pilot 1 in the competition!

So...800 is more than 950 :roll: :?:

Post by 22 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:30 am

I think problem is with understanding pharese Number of Min Races. In fact this number is 11, because there is 1 flihgt as compenasation for technical issues.

Anyway we can discuss with Karsten about this yet and reducing Min Races to 8.

Edited :!:
Example 2:
1th pilot has 10 flights (avg 950 per race) and 9500 pt / 10 = 9500 / 10 = 950 pt - (all flights are counted)
2th pilot has 12 flights (avg 800 pt per race) 8800 pt / 11 = 8800 / 11= 800 pt - (1 most worse flight is removed)
3th pilot has 14 flights (avg 850 pt per race) 11050 pt / 13 = 11050 / 13 = 850 pt - (1 most worse flight is removed)

Explanation from rules was modified:
4.3 Individual scoring system
Average scores for individual pilots will be calculated using a minimum of 10 of the 19 flights over the competition.

If you fly less than 10 tasks your average score for the competition will still be calculated by dividing your total points by 10. If you fly more than 10 tasks your average score will simply be your total points divided by total number of flights.

The one lowest score you achieve for the competition will not be counted for your overall average.

However, this will not apply if you only have 10 or 11 flights in total - you will not be penalized. If you’ve only had 10 flights, all will be counted in your average. For pilots with 12 scores, only their single lowest score will be removed to provide an average over 10 scores.
4.4 Scoring formula - Average scoring system / © SC Team
Formula: S = Ptot/(N + No)
where:

S = Overall score
Ptot = Total points
N = 10
No = Number of flights over N

For example, Pilot 1 scores very well on each race day, usually getting around 950 points per task, but only flies 10 tasks for an overall total of 9,500 points. His Individual score is then 950 pts.

Pilot 2 is not quite as fast overall, with regular scores around 800 points per task. He flies 14 tasks for an overall total of 10,400 points, but his Individual score is 800pts.
uff, I hope its Ok now..

Cumulus7

Post by Cumulus7 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:45 am

For pilots with 12 scores, only their single lowest score will be removed to provide an average over 10 scores.
-> "12 minus 1 = 10" ?

And another question:
the overall ranking is calculated using the average score? (S, calculated excluding the worst result)

So why should someone with 11 good flights continue in the competition and thereby risking to lessen his score?
We had this problem in the "GrandPrix" competition last year, where a lot of pilots did not fly the later races.
4.1 Daily Results
The scoring system is the normal scoring system included in Condor, so the results you see after the flight will be the final ones except penalties have to be given or a pilot completed the task offline.
How can that be correct, if there are multiple servers?

THX for the organisation of this competition....
CU
Markus

Tima (TSD)

Post by Tima (TSD) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Cumulus7 wrote: ...
So why should someone with 11 good flights continue in the competition and thereby risking to lessen his score?
We had this problem in the "GrandPrix" competition last year, where a lot of pilots did not fly the later races.
There are rules which are published by organizers and this is your decision whether to accept these rules and participate in the competitions or do not accept and so not participate. In the latter case nobody prevents you from organizing your own competitions with the rules which in your opinion are more fair. But keep in mind that what seems to be more fair and logical for you could be absolutely unfair and not logical for somebody else. That’s why in my steady opinion it is useless to discuss proposed rules. For sure organizers are clever guys (sorry ladies that I don’t mention you but in the list of officials I see only guys :)), they made a lot of preparations before organizing competitions including thinking and discussing the rules. Yes there are some possibilities for “official” cheating using some special interpretation of rules paragraphs. But it will always be the case whatever rules are created.
To conclude – personally I fully accept these rules and going to participate in this championship. Still hesitating about the class… ;)

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Sorry, I made some mistakes at the rules(copied much from last year's rules) but Marek now fixed it. I don't have too much time atm so if you find some mistakes/strange things keep on posting them here.

Of course with different servers the results won't be known immediately...therefore we get fuller servers and more pilots can take part in different timezones...I hope thus we can increase fun a bit after last years it became emptier and calmer with every flight.

Krejca

Post by Krejca » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Hey all organizators,
its nice to see that some people still do some great competitions like you.

But I have one :?: question :?:

Which scenery will be use for SkyRace 2008/2009. I didnt install every scenery, which was released so I must upgrade my Condor. So, can you put it to rules this list of sceneries and versions of sceneries? Thx a lot.
"Fly fast, live slow"

kaleu

Post by kaleu » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi Radek,

I'll publish a list with the sceneries we'll use on the next two days so everybody got enough time to install the sceneries.
I'll make a thread here with the scenery list and will add a new post everytime I add a new scenery (which will be at least 7days before we use it first time).

Alpha Whisky

Post by Alpha Whisky » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Cumulus7 wrote: And another question:
the overall ranking is calculated using the average score? (S, calculated excluding the worst result)

THX for the organisation of this competition....
CU
Markus
Just a thought, to encourage participation (or at least full servers) after the first 10 or 11 races, why not allow competitors to elect, the day before, to fly Hor Concours and not count the next days flight to their overall score or even to affect other peoples score?

Can be quite funny in real life when a champion flies Hors Concours in regional comps and ends up scoring over 1000pts on a day by beating the competing winner.
ImageIf flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.....and the PW5 would be William Topaz McGonagall.

Joost v Veelen

Post by Joost v Veelen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Dear Skyrace team,

Can you tell me where i can see the overall results?

Cheers,
Joost

Post by 22 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:36 pm

...somewhere in PC :lol: :lol: pls wait a few hours :wink: