Eastern Alps 2.0 Install file corrupted

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

nelson

Eastern Alps 2.0 Install file corrupted

Post by nelson » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi There,

I downloaded the EA 2.0 installation from speedbattle, but the install is corrupted and will not run in normal mode.

If I run the installation with the switch /NCRC it gets about 2/3rds of the way through then reports another error on one of the smaller files and aborts.

I have downloaded the install file twice - I get the error on both files.

Could I please get some advice on how to get around this problem - or is there a clean installation file in a different location that I can download?

Cheers,
Nelson

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:10 am

Hi,

go to http://www.etree.org/md5com.html and download the md5sum.exe tool.

When you check the md5sum of your downloaded EAlps you should see something like this:

Code: Select all

md5sum.exe EasternAlps_Scenery2_0_Setup.exe 
*EasternAlps_Scenery2_0_Setup.exe  bd82804df2de5cd1d24c209e9913096b
The md5sum above is the same on every speedbattle mirror.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

nelson

Post by nelson » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:00 am

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have run the md5sum check against both files, and I get completely different results each time (see attached).

The attachment has a screen shot of the md5sum results and also the error I get when running the install exe.

Any help/advice you can provide will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Nelson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:07 am

nelson wrote: Any help/advice you can provide will be appreciated.
Download it a third time and hope that this time the md5sum will be correct. Or ask a friend to download the Setup.

Image Image Image Image Image

BOD1

Post by BOD1 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:30 am

You first download was probably corrupted and your browser kept it in cache. So, clear the cache, restart your browser, and instead clicking on the download link, copy and paste it in the URL bar then add an extra parameter to avoid cache problem (ie: "&abc=123" after "http://www.speedbattle.com/mirror.php?id=xxx"). Not sure it helps because of redirection but it worth a try.
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

Jarmo K

Post by Jarmo K » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:53 pm

Hello,

I have had similar problems couple times (with random sceneries) and I assume that my problem was downloading these exe files in work & in company network, where I'm behind 2 quite tight firewalls.

Sometimes even zip files results the same (contains only one exe), but when there is any other file also in zip folder, I normally have no problems.

At home I've had never any scenery "file corrupted" messages, but there I have only 1MB/sec connection and in office I have 100MB/sec... and I also get paid for that time :wink:

JKK

nelson

3rd time lucky

Post by nelson » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Thanks all for your suggestions/info - I got a working install file on my third try. (after 3 hours on a slow connection :( :( :( )

I'd better burn a copy to disk right away.....

Cheers,
Nelson