Projection bug in EA 2.0?

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

Polewka

Projection bug in EA 2.0?

Post by Polewka » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:46 am

Hi Mosquito

Would there be a chance that this bug will be corrected in the next patch? Has this something to do with the more accurate terrain detail?

For more details, look at this http://www.gliderracing.com/forum/defau ... osts&m=833

Cya
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

leonardzl

Post by leonardzl » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:32 pm

It looks like EasternAlps2.0 uses a non-standard terrain grid spacing (88 m x 110 m). All the other sceneries I've checked use a 90 m grid. I think Condor internally is using the 90 m grid for everything except computing lat and lon. That would explain why the lat - lon of the turnpoints puts them in the right places wrt to the mountains and why there are large discrepancies between internal Condor distances between two waypoints and the distance calculated externally by SeeYou between the same waypoints. :?:

Polewka

Post by Polewka » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Maybe this would explain why on ytday SHRL task were a huge discrepancy (20%) in the distange (radius) on tp1 (almost north of center of area) and almost no one on area 2 (almost east of area 2 TP). If the grid 88 lenght and 110 high, this would explain it. Or not... :roll: :?: :roll: :?: :roll:

Cya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:18 pm

Oh, how I wish scenery developers would go through the QA process before release. http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=5158

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:23 pm

i'm sorry OXO, but basically - i do not care abouzt Q&A, so please, keep such stupid comments inside your head....

René, thanks for this topic! This seems to be the reason for differing tasks lengths from Condor to Seeyou. I was already checking the calibration of the terrain for this, but didn't find any errors. As soon as i have the time for it, i will try to find a solution for this.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Wolfgang,

I do not think it is "stupid" to test and release high quality scenery for Condor. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but issuing personal insults will not serve you well.

Chris

kloudy

Post by kloudy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:18 pm

I also noticed something strange with th EA v2.0.

I wanted better maps (like the ones in EA v1.0 colored relief and CU)
Like this one:Image
and tried to import them into the V2.0 directory.

The maps appear to be incompatible and entirely different shapes.

what is going on?

*edit*
uhhhh duhhhhh.
I think I found the answer
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=4404