RELEASE: EasternAlps2.0

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

mosquito

RELEASE: EasternAlps2.0

Post by mosquito » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:07 pm

Good evening and welcome to EasternAlps2.0!

First of all, a map showing you the coverage of the scenery:

Please read ALL THIS CAREFULLY in order to avoid unused postings in the future days:
The reason for the early release of the scenery is, that Rainer and I both agreed, to release a first version of the scenery after almost 7 months of work, in order to give everybody the possibility to try it. All the other things can be easily added in patches.
I'd like to say that this version is only a first version of the scenery.
This means:

+> complete terrain + textures
+> correct placed trees
+> added cities, roads, rivers and lakes
+> 3D-houses in most villages/cities
+> almost all airports in the scenery area added as generic fields
+> 3 custom designed airfields: Agathazell, Vogtareuth and Scharnstein.

What is still missing?

+> more custom airports. A list of airports that will be added as self designed ones by 100% in the next patch(es): Koenigsdorf, Eschenlohe, Benediktbeuren, Zell am See, Niederoeblarn, Aigen, Trieben, Timmersdorf, Weiz, Noetsch. All the others will stay generic until I have photo-material.
+> all other 3D-objects. Most of them are already created, but still have to be placed.

As some of you might have noticed on screenshots, we used a much more detailed terrainmesh than the one I used in EasterAlps1.0/1.1.
At some areas, and also with high visible distance, it's quite amazing to see so many details on the mountains in my opinion.
However, this also created some problems. This means, that the scenery contains a few known terrain errors, for which it did not yet find a solution how to "patch" them :roll:.
The biggest ones are:

+> North-west of Sondrio Caiolo. This one is quite near to the scenery border and due to this not a real problem. Sometimes its also fun to shoot up a 1000m vertical ridge with 160m/s ;)
+> West of Lesce, area around the Triglav. This is quite a pitty, but also near to sceneryborder and due to this not thaaaaat bad in my opinion.
+> North and north-east of Innsbruck. Two smaller areas. They're both not that bad, but overall, these are the most terrbile ones because they're almost in the middle of the scenery. :roll:

Unfortunately I couldnt "repair" them until now, but I hope that it's possible somehow.

Furthermore, i want to add that there is a very high number of airfields in the scenery. Below them, there are also some fields which might only have one takeoff direction in reality, or which are in very small valleys. I decided not to delete these fields, often because their location is just too special. Try a winchlaunch at Geitau and you'll know what i mean ;).
However, there will be some airfields on which it might not be possible to takeoff via aerotow, and maybe only by using airstart in multiplayer mode. I also have to add, that it MIGHT be possible that there are is number fields, on which trees might be too near the field to takeoff with open class + full water. Karsten and I gave our best in the last days to test all the fields, but as you know, nobody is perfect and the number of airfields is just HUGE. So, if you find such an airfield, pass me a PM or make a thread in the forums please, so i can put it on the list of needed corrections.

Another MAYBE important aspect are FPS. The scenery uses a terrainfile which is the biggest one used for Condor until now. I am not sure yet, but i THINK that there are some differences in FPS between certain parts of the scenery. So, if you get abnormal LOW FPS, this might be caused by the scenery. Due to this, I am mentioning here, that this scenery might use more ressources than other ones do. Please keep this in mind.

I hope everybody unterstands, that the quality of the scenery might not be as good as the quality of other sceneries. With a size of ~520km x 160km e.g. 83200km² it's a massive workload.

You can download the scenery on www.speedbattle.com. Thanks alot for hosting!!

Finally, I first of all want to thank Rainer for all his work. Without him we would not have this giant terrain, we would not have the realistic forrestplacing etc. etc. etc.
I also want to thank Karsten for all his help with testing and for creating so many 3D objects and the two airfields.

Now enjoy the scenery (as soon as it's there ;))!
I strongly recommend a quick 1000km out and return from Wiener Neustadt to Samedan by using wave ;). And don't forget to try the 1000km FAI triangle KL and I flew some days ago! You can find the task within the flightplans added to the scenery.

And don't forget to delete old EasternAlps1.1 from your landscapes folder ;)
Last edited by mosquito on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:32 pm

GREAT NEWS! Thank you very much - we all are looking forward to new adventure and new world for Condor! :)

JEP

Post by JEP » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:01 pm

GREAT!!!
Ready to download 8)

maymar

Post by maymar » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Good to hear that :) - thanks 8)

sliderG102

Post by sliderG102 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:05 pm

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :DTHANKS

andreas.kippnick

Post by andreas.kippnick » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:07 am

Sorry wasn't at home. Now it's online.

Andreas

Image Image Image Image Image

sliderG102

Post by sliderG102 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:16 am

great thanks:)

WDP

Post by WDP » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:26 am

Tolle Arbeit !!!!

Thanks a lot Rainer and Wolfgang. Freu mich schon auf die Flüge in der neuen Szenerie.

CU und hab mich über den Teuto gefreut :D

Ka7 D-1628

Post by Ka7 D-1628 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:04 am

:D :D Yeahaa! Thank you very much Wolfgang, Rainer and Karsten!!! Downloading the scenery right now :wink:

Dom

Post by Dom » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:48 am

Sounds good .. 8)
Thank you very much ! .. :wink:
CN: VD

mikkey

Post by mikkey » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:51 am

Thank you very much!

Tonyh

Post by Tonyh » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:23 pm

Many thanks from me too.

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Thank you guys! For your effort and excellent work!
Respect!
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

UWE

I have it !!!!!

Post by UWE » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:31 pm

GREAT WORK - FANTASTIC - BRUTAL VIEL THANKS

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:58 pm

This work is truly a masterpiece guys. I now see why it has been so long in the making :)

- and -

:D

Takeoff point at Agathazell is not on the runway. This would not be a problem, but the windsock is on the takeoff run :)

Also the runway is not properly on the underlying terrain.