EasternAlps 2.0 Pictures No.2

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

raiki

mehr bilder

Post by raiki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:25 am

bilder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raiki

mehr bilder

Post by raiki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:26 am

bilder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

raiki

mehr bilder

Post by raiki » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:30 am

mehr bilder folgen in kürze.
bis bald.
rainer!

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:41 pm

WoW Nice !!!!

Can Someone Tell me when it come out?
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage

raiki

Neue Bilder

Post by raiki » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:46 pm

zell am see

mac

Post by mac » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:52 pm

My very personal opinion.

Vey nice colours and rendering of the terrain. It looks like a very peaceful place to soar on! :)

The blue of the lakes is very srong and in my opinion too light for lakes like the alpine ones, characterised by deep water. The colour is close to that of water coming from glacier melting though (good for rivers).

I personally don't like the glacier picture: it simply doesn't go with teh smooth and armonious rest of the panorama. Or at least this is my opinion.

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:12 pm

mac wrote:My very personal opinion.

Vey nice colours and rendering of the terrain. It looks like a very peaceful place to soar on! :)

The blue of the lakes is very srong and in my opinion too light for lakes like the alpine ones, characterised by deep water. The colour is close to that of water coming from glacier melting though (good for rivers).

I personally don't like the glacier picture: it simply doesn't go with teh smooth and armonious rest of the panorama. Or at least this is my opinion.
thanks.

The reason why the lake is that blue is quite simple: the texture tile was rendered including the lake. We are now using the bright colour to select it in Photoshop and create the "final lake". This mean that the bright colouring just shows unfinished lakes. They won't look that ugly in the final version :D
About the glacier: until now we are not sure how to include graphics like these and if we should include them. Evrything you see here is just a first test but not the final thing.

Cirrus

Post by Cirrus » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Hi Mosquito. Will you be including satellite imagery to represent the larger cities and towns.

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm

Cirrus wrote:Hi Mosquito. Will you be including satellite imagery to represent the larger cities and towns.
I dont think so.
With the latest terragen file i created for texturing i did quite a big step from photorealistic texturing to artwork-texturing, concerning the terrain colours.
The artwork-style fits much better to Condor and due to this i am working on a way to implement cities represented by artwork-textures at the moment.
Another reason are copyright limitations of satelite imagery.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:10 pm

When do you think it will be ready for testing guys?

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:15 pm

i think it will take at least another month...

X1

Post by X1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:23 pm

hi
great work - is it possible to send some screens from aigen/LOXA and the area around - this could make our waiting time much easier ;-)

we are hardly waiting for the next tasks starting from aigen - our famous airfield in the middle of the eastern alps :-)))

gratulation for your excellent job :-)

werner

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Servus Werner,

von Aigen müsste Rainer Bilder hineinstellen können da er diesen Teil der Szenerie momentan rendert.
Allerdings gibts noch nicht viel zu sehen da noch keine Felder etc. eingefügt sind.

//

Hi Werner,

Rainer should be able to post Images from Aigen as he renders this part of the scenery.
However, there's not much to see yet as there is nothing like fields included yet.

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:17 am

new pictures!

Cirrus

Post by Cirrus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:15 am

Those feilds look amazing :shock: . Are they an artwork-texture. If so how the hell did you make them.