***OLD*** EasternAlps 2.0 pictures

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 am

Uros wrote:My opinion is that the city is great, the best so far and certanly done with care. The city texture seem to fit good into the terrain and there certainly isn't that "photorealistic merge" feel like on some similar screenshots of cities we've seen before. Of course with a lot of work and trying, for sure some even more appealing cities can be made, but as it is now, it certainly works for me.
thanks, Uros :)

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:28 am

Hi mosquito and raiki, how it goes guys ?

Maybe you can unveil a bit more about new goodies :?: :wink:

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:34 am

nope, that's all top secret :P

but about the progress: its slowing down at the moment, as raiki and also i don't have that much time to spend on the scenery at the moment....

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:41 am

Sure I understand. Have a nice week end !

Serginho

Post by Serginho » Thu May 04, 2006 12:05 pm

I will "risk my skin" on this topic :mrgreen:

As some others said, the city near the lake of the Eastern Alps 2.0 screenshot doesnt looks good, i agree. Its way blurred and i hope this can be fixed. Like the cities of Provence, i think most looks a bit better than this one.

I like the idea of having some parts of the scenery with photorealistic textures as long as its not too blurred.

Im not a fan of photorealism because as far as i can remember, it never looked real good in other sims. The pure artwork also doesnt looks good, i mean, it works better than a blurred photorealistic texture at least.

Still, i think that artwork well mixed with photorealistic areas and well added 3D objects is the way to go.

Somehow i think Provence is the best by now and version 2 of Eastern Alps is promising.

If this developes well, im sure someone will come out with a good mix for the original Slovenian scenery later :)

Adam wrote:I wonder if the split between lovers and haters is base around sim only pilots and real life pilots. As a RL pilot I prefer the artwork and don't need to see the realism.IMAO
Im not a hater at all, what i can tell is that at least for my taste, i dont play condor to fly around and enjoy the view. Thats what i do in real life, with much more interesting things to see from upthere. For me, Condor has an objective: to improve crosscountry.

So i agree that for some of the real pilots, the "realism" of ground is not important. But we must remember that there are alot of ppl that doesnt fly in real life who wants a nice eyecandy area, something nice to see when "flying" Condor just for fun. And i believe there are real life pilots who also wants eyecandy sceneries here, who knows?

Resume: If photorealism cant be worked out and used in a real good way, i mean REAL GOOD. Then its better to have an pure artwork scenery.

ps: sorry if my post is confusing and has some misstyping.. its 7am here and im asleep... i will not re-read it because i would not finish beforee... eerr rrr err....z....z..z.z..z..zzzz
"In life, the more you live, more experience you get. In aviation, the more experience you get, more you live!"

dr.phees

Post by dr.phees » Tue May 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Hi!
First thing: I have a high respect for the work on EA 2!

Since I'am (for now) no RL pilot, I fly condor even then, when others go out and relish the RL high definition landscapes ;)

I consent, that artwork is preferable to low res photo/satellite imagery. But sometimes the all grey mountains look a bit too identical. Since every Mountain (in reality) has it's own colour, I guess it would be easy to find the more colourways striking mountains and just tune those' artwork textures in colour, so there would be an easier identification and navigation.
You still would enjoy the unblurry Artwork but could feel a better immersion.
At least, I would :)

Maybe this idea is not only for EA, but for the Slovanian scenery as well.

And the great plus: It should be quite easy to do, since you wouldn't have to work on all the landscape, but only some more interesting mountains.
-- www.phees.de --
reg: D-PHEES comp: DPH
Imagev1.9 Imagev1.9

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Thu May 25, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi Mosquito :)

Is it possible that you share some new pictures with us or an information about what's new :?: :wink:

Simicro

Post by Simicro » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:15 am

Hi mosquito, I do not want to disturb you but you seem very quiet :wink:

No news, good news :?:

GeraldH

Post by GeraldH » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:09 pm

Uh, is the Eastern Alps scenery project still alive?

Regards,
Gerald.

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:10 am

sure?! But Rainer and also i don't have much time at the moment.

I tweaked the terragenfile for more realistic appeareance this week, but i won't post pictures yet as i'm not 100% satisfied yet ;)