Eastern Alps WAVE-thread

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

mosquito

Eastern Alps WAVE-thread

Post by mosquito » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:36 pm

Hi!

i just finished a nice free distance flight in Wave from Zell am See of 500km (OLC).

i found some interesting waves, (wind from the north) and i would like to ask if anybody has made some nice wave flights in the new scenery, too until now?

Maybe we could share them here....i'm sure there are some interesting weird places where you can find waves in the scenery :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mosquito

Post by mosquito » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:19 pm

nobody discovering the waves in the new scenery? :(

commpilot

Wave-y gravy all over the place...

Post by commpilot » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:43 pm

Just for fun I set the wx with weak thermals and wind at 20 kts out of the NW and then went to town playing all over the place. Attached are some fun shots. It was great to see 11K feet on the altimeter with mountains still rising above. It was even more fun to see +12 at 11K feet in the wave.

There will be a lot more adventure in the Alps with this kit. The phrase "get high and stay high" just doesnt cut it on this scenery. Need to get high and hope you can get higher because you simply cant go around this granite overcast.

cheers,

Bill
WK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where the bee sucks, there suck I"
It's from Shakespeare's "The Tempest," but describes my flying on any given day...
I Fly MNS (USA) and LLC as time allows...see you there!

symphonic

Post by symphonic » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:38 am

I've never really caught a good wave before in Condor, but just two nights ago i managed to catch one only a few km's away from the airport on the alps scenery, and got up to 8000m and could of gone higher if i had the time. I never knew how to get into a wave intill now.

wsommerer

Post by wsommerer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:47 am

Hi Folks,

I flew a 1000km task within the new Alps scenery the other day. It was mostly done in waves with occasional use of thermals and ridges. exhausting fun...

Cheers, W.
Wolfgang

Berblinger

Re: Eastern Alps WAVE-thread

Post by Berblinger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:01 am

mosquito wrote:Hi!
i just finished a nice free distance flight in Wave from Zell am See of 500km (OLC). i found some interesting waves, (wind from the north) and i would like to ask if anybody has made some nice wave flights in the new scenery, too until now?
Yeah 8) :D
have a look at
http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopic.php?t=2821
flightplan is downloadable at the given url
got a 10+ m/s wave near the similaun glacier

JJJ

Post by JJJ » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:10 pm

nice task sometimes used q because flutter:D

only i can't seth him here:( The Attachment is too big.
Max Size: 512 KB

i did 500km
CN: JJJ
REG: D-1688

ImageImage