Eastern Alps Scenery Torrent download

Everything regarding the Eastern Alps scenery...

Moderator: mosquito

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:40 am

I see also torrent as a fair way for sharing Condor sceneries.. So I am now hosting all sceneries every day (13-20:00 usually) - I could open for it about 12GB every month with speed about 300Kb.. I think that when we will have more sceneries we will have not another way - great thanks for guys from SpeedBattle but they will be not able to host so heavy traffic in the future alone I am afraid...
So do not afraid use torrent, Vertigo wrote perfect "how to" for it

thermal

Post by thermal » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:08 am

Please do not "Host" the torrents yourself, but link your BitTorrent client to Vertigo's Tracker on the LLC site for the time being.
Doing so will keep these downloads centralized and well organized until there is a more "official" distribution.

A couple of posts back, I suggested that scenery downloads be administered on the Condor forum, each in a separate section under the Community heading.
The scenery Topics could then be moderated by the scenery developers, who can upload the .Torrent files and their updates in a "sticky".
That, plus hosting the Tracker, would be the only involvement by the Condor team.
The .Torrent files are only ~40 KB in size.
The "Swarm" takes care of the distribution.

IMO, on the longer term the Condor site is the place where people will look for these updates.
Reg: PH-7270
Cn: "ZA"

Cadfael

Post by Cadfael » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:41 am

Of course, it is logic - we need share only "official" and known torrents, I personally use torrent from LLC....