Condor Setup Error Help please

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Uncle

Condor Setup Error Help please

Post by Uncle » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:24 pm

I have just purchased Condor for my son - We have downloaded the software and licence and installed this to his laptop running Win 7 Pro.
Everything works fine selecting any glider from the basic pack. We can install the SEUK scenery files and the joystick all work well.

But as soon as I try to alter any settings such as changing from metric to imperial or assigning joystick/button commands we get an error message pop up which reads " is not a valid integer value - Once this has been displayed I can no longer select any aircraft and if I close and restart Condor it asks for the registration code to be input again but you are unable to select any glider?

To recover I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Condor but has the same fault the only way to get Condor to work again is to restore the PC to an earlier date and then reinstall condor and licences we have tried this several times and the same faults appears each time we make any changes in the setup menu. I have done this without installing new scenery or the joystick and have now ran out of ideas - has anyone had this??

Any suggestions as to what be causing this?

Martin

sadatoni

Re: Condor Setup Error Help please

Post by sadatoni » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:11 pm

Maybe this thread will assist:

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... ue#p105238

and

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... id+integer

Which has an interesting entry:

Hi,

Look at your screen resolution properties (right click on desktop, properties, Parameters tab). You must have 32 bits color. If you have only 24bits, 30, 31, 16 or anything else, Condor will not work.

Thierry
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

Uncle

Post by Uncle » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks for the response guys.....but Still no luck with this - After reading the other two links I had a look at the Pilot files but it does not create a new pilot file so there is no ini file to check/update.

Someone

Post by Someone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am

Where have you installed Condor? If in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Condor" then try to reinstall it to the e.g. C:\Condor. Or else you should look to the Vitualstore (C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Condor\...) for pilots files and all other files which are modified by the software.

GregHart1965

Post by GregHart1965 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Yes definitely install to C:\Condor NOT in 'Programme Files'

Uncle

Post by Uncle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:07 pm

ok done that and we now have a new Pilot file but still get the original error when the setup details are changed - However as I can now get at the Pilot.ini file we are able to correct the screen resolution values and get it running.

So happy days it works thanks for all the help :D

Although still confused why we need to faf about like this......

THANKS AGAIN ALL