Helicopter Controls for Condor

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Slartibartfast

Helicopter Controls for Condor

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:53 am

Does anyone use a cyclic control designed for helicopters sims as a flight stick in Condore?

I have been working on designing a simpit to use with Condor Soaring and have been less than impressed with the range of joysticks on the market for gliders so have been intending to make my own however I am having trouble with the details so am considering just buying a heli-sim setup and adapting that for a glider.

Max Flightstick seem to offer a product that would lend itself well to the cause:

Other potential options would be Flight Link's "G-Stick III Plus Cyclic" or TRC Simulator's "TRC Flight Control Stick".
Has anyone used such products in there simpit's and do they make a good approximation of a glider's flight stick?

Tom

Re: Helicopter Controls for Condor

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:52 pm

I use a Hotas that has twin throttle leavers so one for spoilers the other for flaps, one rotary switch for trim, another for going through pda screens etc etc works great nothing left on keyboard settings at all.

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 am

I have a similar question, although in this case I'm talking about just the pedals. Am I correct in saying they are similar to regular pedals but without the spring centering? These are the ones I'm looking at:

http://oe-xam-simulators.blogspot.com.a ... edals.html

Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

sebbil

Post by sebbil » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Why shouldnt it work ?
My rig works also fine :