Thrustmaster Hardware

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

PeteRadic

Thrustmaster Hardware

Post by PeteRadic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Hi,
About to buy the condor program and wondering if the Thrustmaster rudder peddles and TFlight HOTAS 4 Joystick are compatible?
My laptop is an ASUS Republic of Gamers (about 3 years old)
Would appreciate any information... Thanks
Pete

Peet

Re: Thrustmaster Hardware

Post by Peet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm

If the device is recognized by Windows then it wil run proper in Condor

Pj

PeteRadic

Post by PeteRadic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 pm

Thanks!

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 am

I do not recommend this hotas under any circumstances.

For years lurking forums and building cockpits I've seen nothing but disappointment. Low resolution, sloppy mechanics, failure prone, deadzones, etc.

kharmon

Post by kharmon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 am

I have the thrustmaster hotas 4. Just recently got the rudder pedals. Still working thu it all, but they work fine. I have had thrustmaster controllers in the past. They tend to go bad on you after about a year or two, faster if you play often or are abusive to your gear. I don't have a lot of faith on the more expensive pc controllers either.
8Zulu

kharmon

Post by kharmon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Followup: I play Condor with a Thrustmaster Flight Hotas 4. One of the benefits of this model is an extra paddle controller on the throttle base that goes left and right. I use the joyToKey program and map that controller to mouse view within Condor. Played with the setting for a bit and you get a smooth rotation left and right across the screen. Better than the hat switch for viewpoint control but limited to left & right only. I also use JoyToKey & programmed the tilting rudder pedals to act as a wheelbrake when landing.

6 months later, still having good luck with this controller playing condor and Xwing Alliance (with XWAUpgrade), which is far more abusive of the controller than condor.
8Zulu