Graphics issue with Merville HD and other sceneries with large files

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Spirals

Graphics issue with Merville HD and other sceneries with large files

Post by Spirals » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:07 am

Hi all

Another technical issue and sadly this is easily beyond my abilities!

GonP 5: Thursday night (tomorrow) is on Merville HD - it worked fine for over an hour on a task I pulled from Condor Club (Day 6) until crossing the channel to the north between St Inglevert and Waldershare Park. FPS dropped to less than 5! Happened again in the same place when I retried the task despite using the reducer tool down from 2,048 to 1,024KB.

Tried a launch from Waldershare Park and same issue (FPS < 5), reduced further to 512KB same issue with FPS.

Checked file sizes and found that certain airports (including Waldershare) had large .cx files in 'Airports' folder. Removed the files and although Waldershare looked different the FPS was back up over 100 and system useable.

No Condor servers that were up had Merville HD so I wasn't able to check whether removing the six .cx files from 'Airports' would generate a logging on issue - hopefully I will still be able to log on without getting kicked for scenery issues - can anyone confirm this will be alright?

Also these large files have caused me issues with Provence 2, Hahnweide, West Germany 2, etc. for a while with often erratic frame rates, etc. when in certain areas - can I change any settings that will help get round this problem?

Dell Insprion 2350 - Intel i7-4710MQ 2.5GHz, Windows 10, 64 bit, 12GB RAM, Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600

Any help appreciated.

Steve

dgtfer

Re: Graphics issue with Merville HD and other sceneries with large files

Post by dgtfer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:57 pm

You can remove .cx files or replace them by smaller ones, without pb of scenery compatibility in network flights.
It seems to be the best solution if your graphic card isn't strong enough to handle big objects. but of course you will see only ground textures in the airfield zone.
It's also possible to remove big objects like villages in provence2.
Last edited by dgtfer on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirals

Re: Graphics issue with Merville HD and other sceneries with large files

Post by Spirals » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks dgtfer

I was hoping I'd be alright in the short term removing them.

Just need to sort out what to do about the graphics card which I expected to man enough for the job on a new computer a year ago.

Steve