Invert Y Axis (Elevator)

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Naijin

Invert Y Axis (Elevator)

Post by Naijin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Is there any way to invert the elevator or Y axis? When I push my stick forward it pulls the nose up in game and at the input settings is no way to change this.

BeastFromTheEast

Re: Invert Y Axis (Elevator)

Post by BeastFromTheEast » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:25 am

One way of doing it is to use GlovePIE to simulate a virtual joystick and slave it (reversed) to the appropriate channel on your real joystick.

The only hitch with this will be forcing Condor to recognise the virtual channel as it goes through the joysticks in the order they appear in windows, and a real USB joystick will always be top of the "pecking order" and get looked at first. The way around this is to set up a program in GlovePIE to move the channel constantly between limits, so when you click on the configure inputs, Condor sees the channel moving and assigns the elevator to it.

At this point you can run the original GlovePIE program with the reversed slaved channel and Condor will faithfully follow this channel, rather than the direct input from the real joystick.

Ian
You can take the Beast from the East
But never the East from the Beast
Beastly Soaring - Tuesday nights, on the ServerOfTheBeast
Competition number IFC, aircraft registration number G-CHQR

aopa197

Post by aopa197 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:58 am

Why are there no selections in Condor to reverse Axis? without trekking through software addons?
Out of all the sims I fly, Condor doesn't allow my pitch axis to reverse,,Condor has it for Yaw axis. Makes no sense.
My pitch axis needs to be reverse, and I cannot change it... :cry:
P. Barrett
RN# EU-HIGH
CN# PB
Papa Bravo One Niner Seven

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:03 am

What happens in Condor if you choose to re-select the Elevator assignment and push the stick forward to assign? If this works in reverse still choose to re-select the Elevator assignment and pull back on the stick to assign. I've seen that solve this issue in some games before, can't say whether it'll work in Condor as my setup worked out the box!
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

KINGSWAY

Post by KINGSWAY » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:16 pm

I know it's an old thread, but I recently got caught-out when my elevator seem to have reversed it self!

So, in case anyone else has the same issue, look at the control assignments and make sure you see no asterisk in the 'reversed' box!!

(I'm on version 2.1.0)