Condor is working in 3D on 3D TV !

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

OXO
Condor Team

Re: Condor is working in 3D on 3D TV !

Post by OXO » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:37 pm

janjansen wrote:I have VR box, and have tried it a bit with my elephone P9000 (midrange android phone). With condor, I can get it to work using Trinus VR software, however, not in 3D and the result is not that good if Im honest. It is cool that it works, using USB tether the latency is even quite good. But the resolution is very poor, mostly because condor doesnt support arbitrary resolutions and the squareish ones are rather low res, in part because the phone only has 1080p resolution, which means half that per eye. Headtracking is too jittery as well, and the whole experience is well, not something I can endure for longer than 5 minutes, and nothing like a HTC vive that Ive tried at my nephew's.
Maybe it would be better with DX11
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

sisu1a

Post by sisu1a » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:12 pm

OXO wrote:
janjansen wrote:I have VR box, and have tried it a bit with my elephone P9000 (midrange android phone). With condor, I can get it to work using Trinus VR software, however, not in 3D and the result is not that good if Im honest. It is cool that it works, using USB tether the latency is even quite good. But the resolution is very poor, mostly because condor doesnt support arbitrary resolutions and the squareish ones are rather low res, in part because the phone only has 1080p resolution, which means half that per eye. Headtracking is too jittery as well, and the whole experience is well, not something I can endure for longer than 5 minutes, and nothing like a HTC vive that Ive tried at my nephew's.
Maybe it would be better with DX11

What is this you say?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 am

sisu1a wrote: What is this you say?
Im sure he means the DX11 wrapper (dgvoodoo) described in this thread. That may allow me to use arbitrary resolutions. Of course, it wont solve the relatively low resolution of my phone, nor the narrow FOV of the goggles

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:09 am

janjansen wrote:
sisu1a wrote: What is this you say?
Im sure he means the DX11 wrapper (dgvoodoo) described in this thread. That may allow me to use arbitrary resolutions. Of course, it wont solve the relatively low resolution of my phone, nor the narrow FOV of the goggles
You will need a new phone then.

V2 is DX11
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:46 am

OXO wrote:
You will need a new phone then.

V2 is DX11
Id rather spend that money on a proper VR set (oculus/vive/..) and pray V2 supports it :).

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:54 pm

Ho Oxo,

i tested trinus gyre with Samsung S6 and googles, but it is no so smoth..too much fiddling ...really not the best solution. I am waiting with my oculus Rift for V2, DX11 with external driver like VORPX will work - we will see..hope early...I am checking condorsoaring site everyday...:-) Condor with Rift and in 3D will be really blast - and so much sceneries now..VR compatible laptops are here....wow

Nemonix

Post by Nemonix » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi Hornet.

Have you tried it with dgvoodoo and vorpx? I was wondering if this would work.

I am a programmer and I really want to use Condor in VR so I'm learning directx and trying to get my own wrapper working. Still a long way to go.

It seems like vorpx should work now we have the dx11 wrapper. Have you tried it?

Mike

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:23 pm

This was too my idea (wrapper+Vorpx). Have tried but was not working for me...I think it is question if it isnt simplier to wait for V2 (probably DX 11 engine - hope no problems with VORPX ). This is too my dream flying Condor with Rift and VR (for years). Now I am flying (too with glider) in another sim (on Steam) and waiting... But when you want you can test it it is possible that I made some mistakes there..
When V2 come i want to test the VR possibilities of Condor. Have Pimax 4k here too - interesting screen - better black and resolution and screendoor than Rift, but only 60 Hz and some motion artefacts (blur). But without positional tracking.

Nemonix

Post by Nemonix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Is the "other sim" FSX? I've got FSX and using FlyInside to get the VR experience. I'm also using CumulusX for semi-realistic thermals. It's a great training aid for me as I'm learning to fly gliders for real, but Condor is still the best!

It is a testament to the Condor team that we are so passionate about playing it even after all these years. They really have made a fantastic game / sim. I personally can't wait until V2 (has development started on a V2 yet?) I think we're looking at several years before a V2, so I'm going to try and get it working NOW :)

HornetSk

Post by HornetSk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:27 am

No FSX it is Aerofly FS2 with full VR Oculus Rift support on Steam (working problemless a and with really nice graphics in high resolution ) but the physics and sound are no comparable to Condor. But the things are not so bad - developers are finishing with V2 I think we have not so long to wait (some months no longer) see here:

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... 41#p149941

guzzi948

Post by guzzi948 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:35 am

Hi there folks, only just discovered this thread, and hope it will reinvigorate my interest in virtual soaring. I am currently running 3 monitors with Nvidia surround @ 5320x1050 (the odd numbers result from bezel correction), with a 4th monitor (1920x1080) above the 3 which I primarily use for a map display when running a 'stink wing' sim (flightgear). Will the dgvoodoo fix work with my configuration (just the 3 surround monitors). I expect the 4th will be unusable, which is fine as I would be using an android tablet to run xcsoar for the map function.

I will be doing some experimenting sometime today, but figure that it can't hurt to ask regardless.

Cheers all

Thommo

edit
Woohoo, had a play instead of doing things I should be doing. Didn't fly, but got it to load after a few false stars (RTFM). Next trick will be jumping thru the hoops to get the tablet to play (might even be able to o/p XCSoar to the 4th monitor via HDMI (it's a very old tablet))
Happy days
Guzzi948
Real World Gold C
Real World Diamond Goal