Rudder pedals assignation problems

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Alcor

Rudder pedals assignation problems

Post by Alcor » Sun May 10, 2015 9:24 am

Hi!

In windows 7.

I use a HOTAS WARTHOG in condor software and it works just fine. but when I want to add a rudder pedal device, .Condor wont recognise it though.
In "assign controls" the only buttons/axis that respond are the HOTAS WARTHOG and keyboard. Condor appear unaware of the existence of the rudder device controller.

Tips anybody? :)

Thks

Pd. This rudder device works fine for any other soft, like Xplane or so on.

Alcor

Re: Rudder pedals assignation problems

Post by Alcor » Sun May 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Im new in this sim, its look great, a bit expensive yes, but cool anyway, just it doesnt look a big deal, to pay for it, and not be able, to use rudder pedals, I hope, its something that Im doing wrong, and not the sim fault, need some help to fix it.

S!

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun May 10, 2015 9:57 pm

I use a Hotas Warthog with rudder pedals... No problems here...
Check "Set up USB Game Controllers" in Windows if you see the pedals and if they work properly. You might try to set the rudder pedals as Preferred device in windows temporarily to assign them in Condor? I don't run the pedals via the TM Target software. Maybe you do?

Alcor

Post by Alcor » Mon May 11, 2015 12:11 pm

EDB wrote:I use a Hotas Warthog with rudder pedals... No problems here...
Check "Set up USB Game Controllers" in Windows if you see the pedals and if they work properly. You might try to set the rudder pedals as Preferred device in windows temporarily to assign them in Condor? I don't run the pedals via the TM Target software. Maybe you do?
I see the rudder pedals on the USB Game Controllers as you say, and they work properly, I use regularly them on DCS P51 AND XPLANE for example, but the condor sim, still doesnt recognize them, I´m close to give it up, pity of money spend...

S!

jstodaro

Post by jstodaro » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:18 am

SAME ISSUE
OK, yesterday (8/1/16) i purchased 'Condor' and 'Plane Pack 1'. Up until now, I have been successfully using 'X-Plane' plus my 'Saitek Rudder Pedals' for flying both GA aircraft (such as the Diamond Star DA42) as well as gliders (such as the Schleicher ASK-21). Everything has been working perfectly for me in X-Plane 10.45. Note that at first glance, however, I was very impressed with Condor -- that is, until I wasted hours of my valuable time trying to get my rudder pedals to work!!! What a HUGE disappointment! By the way, my main reason for wanting to give Condor a try was that i just started (RW) glider training in a Schweizer 2-33 and so I thought Condor might have something to offer. BUT what good is it if I can't use my rudder pedals to work! So disconcerting. :(
My rig: iBuyPower BB953 Gaming Desktop | i7-8700K 3.7GHz | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB| Win10 64-bit | Asus 27'' 165Hz Gaming Monitor | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick, throttle, pedals) | Oculus Rift-S | Condor 2.1 | X-Plane 11

jstodaro

Post by jstodaro » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Regarding SAME ISSUE ...
Well i finally got my Saitek Rudder Pedals working in Condor, no thanks to the Condor Manual (currently 1.1.5), which needs to have an APPENDIX 4 section added for Troubleshooting :wink:
My rig: iBuyPower BB953 Gaming Desktop | i7-8700K 3.7GHz | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB| Win10 64-bit | Asus 27'' 165Hz Gaming Monitor | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick, throttle, pedals) | Oculus Rift-S | Condor 2.1 | X-Plane 11

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 pm

jstodaro wrote:Regarding SAME ISSUE ...
Well i finally got my Saitek Rudder Pedals working in Condor, no thanks to the Condor Manual (currently 1.1.5), which needs to have an APPENDIX 4 section added for Troubleshooting :wink:
What should it say in the manual to cure the problem you had?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

gitteeyyup

Post by gitteeyyup » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm

What did you do to get your Rudder Pedals working? I have a set from thrustmaster which Windows recognizes but not Condor. I have rudders via the keyboard and twist on the Thruestmaster X joystick but not pedals. I am ready to send the rudder pedals back if I am unable to identify a solution.
I sure would appreciate any insight.
Bob D

jstodaro

Post by jstodaro » Sat May 12, 2018 2:14 pm

OXO wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 pm
jstodaro wrote:Regarding SAME ISSUE ...
What should it say in the manual to cure the problem you had?

HI Chris, sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner, as the "Notifications (1) " indicator at the top of my Condor2 forums window, unfortunately didn't come on until just this morning - 05/12/18.. hmm

As for the cure to getting my rudder pedals working in Condor 1, I think it was just a matter of reinstalling my Saitek drivers. But anyway, that's ancient history.

Importantly, thanks again to you and your team for developing Condor 2, which, by the way, I quickly switched over to (from X-Plane 11) soon as I had heard it was released. :D

I think the Condor 2 scenery is breathtaking, the gliders themselves are realistic, and the flight model is as close to real-world as I think it's gonna get. :)