rudder pedals that rock?

Which joystick to buy? Which graphic card? Which...

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

talonxracer

rudder pedals that rock?

Post by talonxracer » Sun May 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Are there any rudder pedals out there that rock/pivot at the heal versus sliding back and forth like the CH rudder pedals? I have a set of the CH and they were used for one flight and now reside under the desk as a foot rest only...LOL...(anyone want a set for dirt cheap?)

they dont feel at all like real glider rudder pedals and I find myself fighting them.

Thanks alot

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: rudder pedals that rock?

Post by EDB » Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm

http://forum.condorsoaring.com/viewtopi ... der+pedals :D

Or use a gas- and brakepedal setup for car racegames and use Autohotkey to bind the two axes into one virtual PPJoy stick axes. Problem with this setup is that de pedals aren't linked hardware wise. And PPJoy can be rather buggy and it isn't updated anymore.
You can also update the pedals and make de pods serial.

I opted for the Simped F16/USB. They don't rock/pivot at the heal, but I can put my heals on the ground and do small inputs with my toes... when I put the ball of my foot in the front rollers.
I have thought of making a tillted baseplate that gives me full rock/pivot at the heal. But when using a normal officechair this setup isn't ideal. So for the moment the pedals are placed on the floor with felcro.

- EDITED typos -
Last edited by EDB on Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 am

The best rudder pedals in the sim world:

http://shop.strato.de/epages/219707.sf/ ... ID=2587934

These are a little bit expensive, burt i assure you it values every euro you pay for it.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Mon May 28, 2012 11:15 am

pckormic wrote:The best rudder pedals in the sim world
Well, I wouldn't say the best. There are better ones, but they cost up to two or four times more...

I used to have the Thrustmaster RCS. These Simpeds are way better...
I can highly recommend them.

never2dark

Post by never2dark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

I see some on eBay now...were the simpeds force-feedback?? If not, I'm considering doing something similar to http://www.simprojects.nl/rudder_pedals ... edback.htm, but how do you assure that the rudder force-feedback output (in the setup menu) gets to the rudders when you hack the signals to/from a regular F-F joystick??
What are people using for force-feedback pedals? And yes, I fly gliders, and I believe that force-feedback is important to the flight experience. I currently use some Saitek pedals where the adjustment just adds more viscous feel to the pedals and doesn't increase the centering feedback.
Is ANYONE using F-F rudders now?

EDB

Post by EDB » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Simpeds are NOT FF...

never2dark

Post by never2dark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 pm

EDB wrote:Simpeds are NOT FF...
Thank you! :D

Geoff L

Post by Geoff L » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Re the original post in this thread, I can't really understand the comment that pedals that slide backwards and forwards don't feel like real glider pedals: that's what glider rudder pedals do - you don't rock your feet on your heels as with a car accelerator. As ever, it just shows that it's different strokes for different folks, horses for courses. I find CH Pro Pedals excellent.
Geoff L

lilylara

Post by lilylara » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Although I used my for many months as is and it still did not break apart. I would recommend not only to glue the LED but also to coat the finished foam board mount all around with a coating of epoxy of Araldite glue, viscous enough to make a 1mm layer.
It will remain very light but would last a lifetime by preventing the foam board to compress where held often or brushing/compressed against the headset, which depends how you mount it.
I am planning to do this for my second set when I get a chance but it is not a priority since mine work well.
We provide with 100% pass guarantee along with citrix braindumps. For more information visit our JUNIPER website and Cornell University main page also on Amridge University best wishes

alexboitz

Post by alexboitz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I built a box with a sloping roof (about 40 deg. to the horizontal) to suspend my Saitek Pro pedals upside down and backside forward
after adjusting the foot rests to about 90 deg..(although the maximum angle marked is 70 deg. luckily the adjusting notches seem to fit at this steeper angle)
My feet rest on the back side of the pedals which are now at about 80 degrees, with the bottom a few inches above the floor.
Rocking my feet makes the pedals slide up/down the track.
Obviously the pedals now work in reverse

MarkRebuck

Post by MarkRebuck » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:16 pm

alexboitz wrote:I built a box with a sloping roof (about 40 deg. to the horizontal) to suspend my Saitek Pro pedals upside down and backside forward
after adjusting the foot rests to about 90 deg..(although the maximum angle marked is 70 deg. luckily the adjusting notches seem to fit at this steeper angle)
My feet rest on the back side of the pedals which are now at about 80 degrees, with the bottom a few inches above the floor.
Rocking my feet makes the pedals slide up/down the track.
Obviously the pedals now work in reverse
Any chance you could upload a picture of your setup? I can't seem to picture it in my head.

Cheers,
-Mark

tomstock

Post by tomstock » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:55 am

Geoff L wrote:Re the original post in this thread, I can't really understand the comment that pedals that slide backwards and forwards don't feel like real glider pedals: that's what glider rudder pedals do - you don't rock your feet on your heels as with a car accelerator. As ever, it just shows that it's different strokes for different folks, horses for courses. I find CH Pro Pedals excellent.
Not true, it depends on the Glider. In my own personal glider (A Schweizer 1-26) the pedals do in fact pivot at the bottom of the pedal like a car accelerator. The 1-34 is the same way. Other gliders that I have flown also pivot but the pivot point it further forward. I don't find CH pro pedals to feel like ANY glider I've flown... more like a Cesna than anything.

tomstock

Post by tomstock » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:58 am

talonxracer wrote:Are there any rudder pedals out there that rock/pivot at the heal versus sliding back and forth like the CH rudder pedals? I have a set of the CH and they were used for one flight and now reside under the desk as a foot rest only...LOL...(anyone want a set for dirt cheap?)

they dont feel at all like real glider rudder pedals and I find myself fighting them.

Thanks alot
Yes, these are the closest thing to real glider pedals that I have found yet. I just purchased a set but they are not here yet.

http://c-tekflight.com/Anti-Torque_Pedals.html

phercek

Post by phercek » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Home made :)
They are not so similar to real glider pedals as those "Anti Torque Pedals" but more comfortable.
I decided to go for comfort instead of realism.
bb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tomstock

Post by tomstock » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:23 pm

Yours work just like the real ones (at least in my glider)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.