RS15 Fuselage Pod as a cockpit? Questions

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

cloudbaseengineering

Re: RS15 Fuselage Pod as a cockpit? Questions

Post by cloudbaseengineering » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:14 am

wickid wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:22 pm
I run it off one board. I have no issues with noise. The signal cables are 3 or 5 volt and very low current. So they can be run next to each other no problem. As long as you don't run powercables next to them. I run the sensor cables via one side and the 12v power for the instrument panels ect along the other side of the cockpit.

There is no mouse or keyboard in the cockpit. All is controlled by some custom software I wrote and a 12 key matrix keypad mounted on the side of the cockpit. It allows you to navigate through on screen menu's and then sends all the mouse clicks ect. to Condor to start the simulator. During flight some of the most important controls like the miracle key, external view ect. are controlled from this keypad.
I watched a video on the 57u setup and the person was telling the board what Key to input when a button is pushed then saved the info to the board. Is this required? Reason I ask is what if I use both Condor and MSFS? Can I just set up the interface and check to make sure the buttons and analog inputs are working but not assign a key. Then in Condor or MSFS I assign the required keys to the buttons and sliders? If I need to hard code the buttons into the 57u then I would need a separate 57U for each software I plan to run. Or does the 57U allow configuration files for each game and I call up whichever I am running? Also seems for the analog inputs its 3.3V so I need to find 3.3V compatible hall sensors? Does voltage matter with pots? Seems 10K are recommended.

My Virpil joystick base and extension arrived today so things are getting real...:)

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:20 am

You program the board to have a specific key binding for each input. This gets saved on the board so it functions as a stand alone keyboard/joystick. You have to flash a new configuration to the board to change it.

After you have done this you can assign the keys in the setup as you normally would. I just use the default keys for Condor.

Jep analog inputs are 0 to 3.3v if i remeber correctly. Digital inputs are 0 or 5v. The board has 3.3v and 5v outputs.
PH-1504, KOE

cloudbaseengineering

Post by cloudbaseengineering » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:01 pm

Im making some progress.
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
Build thread here: https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/foru ... ild.40108/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.