Glider Sim Rig GS100 by Simnautica

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

simnautica

Glider Sim Rig GS100 by Simnautica

Post by simnautica » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:21 pm

Hello Dear Members,

I would like to introduce you the new project im working on:
Glider simulator rig GS100 which is the base model in upcoming line of simulator rigs and other products made especially for gliders:
Its not 100% done yet but its very close.
Please have a look on photos below and let me know what do you like and what you don't.
I would love to have as much opinions as i can to make it best as possible.

On the pictures it is still lacking landing gear handle with mouse holder which is already being made.
It is designed mostly with VR in mind but monitor/tv holders are going to be also available of course.
Price is going to be similar to Glider Rig Pro from Just Soaring.

I will post some more information about it soon:)
Kind regards,
Wojciech from Simnautica

BOD1

Re: Glider Sim Rig GS100 by Simnautica

Post by BOD1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:27 pm

Superb!! Does the stick have force feedback?
Please use this button to send me a PM, Forum messaging is too limited.

simnautica

Post by simnautica » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:09 am

BOD1 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:27 pm
Superb!! Does the stick have force feedback?
My FFB based on BLDC motors and custom electronics and software is under development - on very advanced stage.
This is one axis prototype used for different tests and meassurements.
I will post more pictures and informations about my FFB in a couple of weeks.
There will be two different versions with different price tag: budget friendly DC and high end BLDC.
Rudders FFB is also going to be available as well as motion platforms and physical avionics.
Two seater is also coming;)
Last edited by simnautica on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 am

Looks nice..!

But I wonder how/if the user can change the seat position vs stick location and Rudder pedal position vs stick location. So seat and rudder adjustments.

simnautica

Post by simnautica » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:07 pm

EDB wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:56 am
Looks nice..!

But I wonder how/if the user can change the seat position vs stick location and Rudder pedal position vs stick location. So seat and rudder adjustments.
Hi thank you!
So in this basic version of the sim seat position/angle can by adjusted a bit by using different holes in seats mountings. Rudder distance is of course adjustable (35cm of travel) by loosing 4 allen bolts.
GS300 - the more advanced version will have toolless rudder distance adjustment that will also be spring loaded so user can adjust the distance even mid-flight by using dedicated handle. This feature will also be available independently in two seater configuration with combined controls.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 pm

I should have looked better yesterday. I now see the L plates that support the seat. The supports look like supports for Racecar/Rallye racing seats. They usually can be placed on slider frames for front/back adjustment. But you need to have enough space around the stick. The stick rotation point needs to be close to the elevation of the seat. Or else you loose stick movement.
seat-slider.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simnautica

Post by simnautica » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 pm

EDB wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:30 pm
I should have looked better yesterday. I now see the L plates that support the seat. The supports look like supports for Racecar/Rallye racing seats. They usually can be placed on slider frames for front/back adjustment. But you need to have enough space around the stick. The stick rotation point needs to be close to the elevation of the seat. Or else you loose stick movement.

Thanks! I know these siiders, I used them to build sliding mechanism for rudder pedals in one of my previous projects:

Im also aware that vertical stick to seat distanse have impact on handle travel - rig have 25 cm of elevator travel and 20 of ailerons travel, no worries.

EDB

Post by EDB » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:41 pm

8)

tjohara47

Post by tjohara47 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Wow! Your platform looks incredible!

I am generally a simmer and a pilot for powered airplanes. I have recently done a little glider training and developed a simple rig that works but not quite there as yet to facilitate building muscle/cognitive memory that could be transferred to real glider flying.

I have a design and some hardware but need some components for my new design. Do you sell components such as:
Air Brakes rail
Trimmer control
Ballast control
Rope break/Release Control
Flap control
Multi-View Control pad?

If so, please let me know your prices.

If not, could you point me to some source(s) from which I get purchase these controls?
Thanks
Tony

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:12 am

MOD : I have moved the posts about US airports to a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=21801&p=184378#p184337
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/