DG-400π project presentation

Interested in building your own home grown cockpit?

Moderators: Uros, OXO

silence

DG-400π project presentation

Post by silence » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 pm

Hi there,

I got my hands on the front part of a hard landed DG-400, that screamed for building a sim. This will be my first simulator-build and my first time using Condor 2.

As this will be a long term project, I structured it in 3 Parts:

1) Construction, manufacturing and programming Cockpit Instruments
2) Digitalisation of the original controls
3) Design, Repair and paintwork

The instruments I made are far from perfection, but ok for a first try, I guess (these can still be optimized if the whole project works out). By the time, I'm modelling the DEI (Digital Engine Indicator), but as I don't have Condor 2 so far, I don't know wether the corresponding info (DG-808c) is part of the UDP data stream. The manual on the homepage doesn't mention it, but you know, hope dies last.

If it isn't already part of the UDP-stream, what are my chances that it will be in the future?

I plan to stream the UDP data to a raspi, that acts as mqtt-broker for the esp8266/32 controlling the instruments (displays and 28byj-48 steppers). So far, I have no idea if that works out, but I'll try.

Do you have any other thoughts for me I should consider at this stage of my project?

Best wishes from the Vorderpfalz :)

silence

Re: DG-400π project presentation

Post by silence » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:06 pm

...a little update on the instruments-panel of the DG-400π. All in all about 150 Euro and many many hours of work.

Does anyone know wether it's planned to add the static pressure to the UDP data stream? The possibility to adjust it on the Altimeter itself ( a little display in my case) would be very nice. Or is it perhaps possible to calculate it using the barometrical formula?

By the way, I'm not linked to any company. In fact I'm a teacher at a technical college.